How to use IG ETF Screener

Looking to build a portfolio comprised of ETFs. IG very conveniently has an ETF screener (https://etfscreener.ig.com). However, selecting the "trade now" option next to each ETF takes me to a login screen each time rather than the instrument. Have tried searching for various ETF symbols and names within my dashboard workplace but this is not turning up results.

Any ideas?

@DekkoHoldings,

I just tried on my IG mobile App on the iPhone and if you go to markets and then ETF, ETC and trackers then select the one you are interested in then it seems to take you to the screen to initiate a trade. Try this and see how you go. I am pretty sure you can do on your desktop just as easily. Don’t go into the screener but thought the markets option.

@TrendFollower,

thanks for this. I am on a desktop. The option for ETFs doesn't actually allow you to search for some reason. Nor am I seeing the option for ETC and trackers.

See screenshot attached. Am I in the wrong place? Will try mobile app in the mean time.

Screenshot 2019-01-03 16.28.10.png

@DekkoHoldings,

Click on the 'Magnifying Glass' Search at the top.

I have just gone back to my mobile app and at the middle bottom you have 'Markets' with a magnifying glass above it.  If you click on this then you will see:

ETFs, ETCs & Trackers

Click on this and then you will have options of different types such as North America, Emerging Markets, Commodity, etc.

You should see this unless it is different as I have a UK IG Spread Betting account.

@TrendFollower,

that is exactly what I would expect to see from the search function but this isn't appearing in my account (which is CFD). As a workaround I am searching from the mobile app where this functionality is available then saving to watchlists which can then be used from the desktop without issue.

Bit of an odd one...

I'm replicating the issues from the ETF screener as well. Let me look into that. In the mean time use the search function at the very top of the CFD platorm. For example, as below, I searched iShares Gold to bring up a few gold ETFs...

2019-01-04 09_57_56-Settings.png

@JamesIG and @DekkoHoldings,

I think what I see on the mobile is very similar if not the same as what I see on my desktop. The main difference seems to be that on my desktop they come under 'ETFs' and on my mobile they come under ETFs, ETCs & Trackers.

I have not checked every single product on both my desktop and mobile app to confirm this 100% but that is my view at the moment.