Sign in to follow this  

Historic Chart Data Download

Question

Guest CPC69

I'm trying to backtest a strategy across multiple markets. Hand-balling through the data and flipping between Bid and Ask price data is a real chore and I've spent days and weeks completing the analysis for some of the FX majors!

Is there a way to download data from the IG platform? 

The only option I can find to download data ends up saving a picture of the chart, not the underlying data. Its specifically for separate Bid and Ask prices, by timeframe, that I'm looking for so that I can automate my backstesting process.

I know that I can buy the data online, but there are always slight differences between platforms, and as I mainly trade using IG, I would hope that there is away to get hold of the underlying data.

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    Jeremyv
    Joined 18/09/19 07:30
    • No real movement yesterday, attempted to go lower but was bought back up, attempted to break higher on the US close but sold back down overnight. Fed rate decision today 7pm and presser 7:30 so traders likely to be cautious til then
    • Overnight Indices down Bonds up, USD flat Gold up. H4 Chart US 30y Treasury note up slightly this week after drifting down for the 2 weeks prior. UK and EU CPI data but it's all about the Fed today, 7pm, presser at 7:30.. Check out Dailyfx's summary on how interest rate cuts affect the different markets from the link below. https://www.dailyfx.com/forex/fundamental/article/special_report/2019/09/17/how-gold-oil-stocks-usd-perform-after-fomc-rate-cuts-start.html
    • I have a new account with IG, and I want to trade in stocks using DMA facility, Is there any minimum deposit I need to make into my account, so that i can use this facility? Or i just need sufficient balance so that my trade get filled?