Is spread betting for fools?

20 hours ago, OSCARDAX said:

Yep. more like 95% of people. Remember lots just break even only. That leaves 5%. And out of that only 1-2 % IMHo actually make money because they have the 'knowledge' via experience and MONEY. You need a large account to make money, otherwise pocket money, unless you start gambling.

Look at how many of them just post charts, or just offer training, or just offer 'analysis'. 

I'm almost certain they're making most of their money from other things besides that which they preach.

If you can magically go into any market and make money on a 5 minute chart, why would you spend all your spare time selling training courses and writing books on trading? 🤣

Yes of course - they do NOT make money from trading, if you could why sell a book / a course / a tip-sheet? ALL BS. 

Trading IS brutal. Totally. There is no logic in it at all, no one knows how the market will move, the only ones that MAY know that are the big boys who move markets. I dont think a lot on here even know they are not in any real market ! 

Again to make money you need IMHO a big £100k PLUS account. 

• Like 1

Guest Yoda

The reason most people lose is they trade with emotion not sense. They chase markets up and down usually jumping in near the end of big moves, have uncomfortable amounts in a particular trade and trade too often.

Rules to success

Be contrarian. Don’t jump on the back of moves that have already happened (most of my trades are initially in loss as I’m going against the trend).
Don’t hold a position you can’t comfortably watch a film or sleep with.
Don’t trade for the sake of it.
Make the most of your good calls, don’t run your bad calls for ever.
Don’t listen to the financial press, you’d be better throwing darts. 
Know that markets don’t always follow current news at hand.
Trade volatile markets, the spreads become insignificant.

Good luck..

Guest gold menber
On 27/04/2020 at 15:15, dmedin said:

Trading and investing are both b*llocks ... leave it to the professionals.  The kind of people who actually enjoy sitting on their spreadsheets and analysing book value.

76% of 'punters' lose :D  - I've no idea where they get that figure from but I can tell you that it's higher than that.

mayby higher, mayby not, the bulk on the other side of this equation would be the insiders, the house etc....surely not the chancers. The thread was very good. I never met yet anyone wining millions in lottery, yet I believe such venues are available,  venues yes, millionaires, I don't think so. Then again, I come from a conspiracy angle.

On 29/04/2020 at 14:22, OSCARDAX said:

Yes of course - they do NOT make money from trading, if you could why sell a book / a course / a tip-sheet? ALL BS

There are so many of them (supposed top hedge fund managers, retired star traders and all the rest) who seem to have switched into writing books, starting training centres, selling speeches and the like, and you have to wonder if they are able to turn $15,000 into $5 million from trading why they aren't happy just to keep doing it and enjoy a luxurious life filled with holidays abroad in the sun and good times ... why would they want to spend all their free time giving speeches and training on trading?  It makes no sense.

On 20/09/2019 at 19:38, mark27 said:

Rude ...Please If you want to see rude I will oblige if you like

Are you able to oblige by showing some signs of intelligence?

Posted (edited)

I spent some time looking over my old trades from 2018.  Realized how fking sh!t I was.

Then I got really depressed when I realized that maybe I still am fking sh!t.

Edited by dmedin

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I have been watching this post with some curiosity. I too have just looked at my total deposits vs total withdrawals. i probably have a similar pattern

The good thing is that I had estimated my losses quite well LOL.

13 minutes ago, dmedin said:

I spent some time looking over my old trades from 2018.  Realized how fking sh!t I was.

Then I got really depressed when I realized that maybe I still am fking sh!t.

Edited by Sunny Days
  • Great! 1

Guest Easy earning system

Title: Else money earning easy system free of charge Building special crypto to help all poor people reward $3.00

Topic text:
I want to know what will be Negotiable reward Building special crypto to help all poor people if current $3.00 payment festac, Nigeria