Sign in to follow this  

Shorting Cryptocurrencies Over The Weekend

The only asset I day trade is Cryptocurrencies. I at times only place trades which last 5-10 mins within Cryptocurrencies. 

I just tried to short Neo, EOS and Stellar at 11:32 am on Saturday 19th January 2019 and could not do so. This is so frustrating. @JamesIG I am sure you will provide an explanation for this but I had to place the trade with another platform (competitor of IG's) and this happens far too often that I have lost count. The message I get is, "You cannot sell this market to open".

I find short 5-10 min trades on Cryptocurrencies great when they are moving in a certain direction but IG's liquidity issues affect the level of service on Cryptocurrencies. 

Haven’t heard this issue in a long time since the crypto craze. Let me investigate and I’ll get back to you. 

I’ve messaged someone who’s in the office  and that should be resolved for you now. Appreciate it may be too late in this instance but will be able to provide an in-depth reply on Monday 

@JamesIG,

I just tried a test to short NEO and still the same message is appearing. This was 12:33 pm. 

I look forward to received an in-depth reply on Monday as to the reasons why this was happening. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    Jamie123454321
    Joined 23/02/19 18:07
  • Our picks

• Post in Crude Oil (WTI)
      "Oil pushing up to resistance again and looking to break". What are your thoughts going into the weekend? Inverse head and shoulders as others have pointed out, or over bought and looking for a pull back?