Hi all - interesting that you bring this up actually and I'd love the Community input. 

We are looking at bringing the Economic Calendar into the dealing platform and improving things such as alerts and automatic notifications. Now is your chance to have your say and help build out functions within the dealing platform. 

• I have my personal opinions, but what exactly would YOU like to see in the calendar?¬†
  • What functions do you use on other websites?
  • What are your 'blue sky thinking' wish list items to have on the calendar?¬†
  • Like 2

Thanks @JamesIG,  I especially like using the added graphs such as on the calendar linked above and on the Forex Factory site and also a + tab as on FF and the Dailyfx calendar that explains what the data is based on, how it's collected and how often it's published etc.

Also, traditionally the IG calendar has been very stocks biased (at least that was my impression from years ago, may have improved since).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks casey - when it comes to this part...

2 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

I especially like using the added graphs such as on the calendar linked above and on the Forex Factory site

are you referring to this? 

2019-01-25 09_22_10-Economic Calendar.png

I'm a bit fan of visual imagery and quite like the historical data like this. 

2019-01-25 09_23_26-Economic Calendar.png

Or maybe things like suggested markets it's likely to effect? Increased Alert functionality and granularity? New delivery methods? There are likely a number of options. 

• I like the added description and educational stuff.
  • I want to get non-data driven points into the calendar as well... things like minutes, rather than just data points like NFP.¬†

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JamesIG said:

I'm a bit fan of visual imagery and quite like the historical data like this. 

Yes, in the calendar linked in the OP  the hover over to pop up graph is great and clicking on the graph icon opens a new page packed with added info.

I agree the non-data stuff is often just as important, some sites simply link to the official minutes once released which is better than nothing.

A print or download option would be handy as well.

• Thanks 1

ooo I like those charts on the econ calendar link you posted @Caseynotes and its very useful. For me I think the description as well and I think it helps as there are so many different data points and its hard to remember what they all are. I like the way that dailyfx do it with the drop down rather than it taking you to a different webpage, however it doesn't have that for all events.

I also think a count down timer would also be good rather than just having the time of the event, and when you click on the event it comes up with the core market related to that, or at least a few options.

Edited by cryptotrader
  • Thanks 1

Filters are very important. Also presumably individual profile settings ie current day only, only FX related versus indices etc. Detail display with a pop-out frame but better than Forexfactory (where it obscures the rest of the calendar items and stops you from just putting to one side for later reading).

• Like 1

Trade ideas suggested on the back of econ calendar events! That would be interesting.

Edited by PandaFace

Hi @JamesIG I would really like to see IG provide an API for calendar data. It would really help those of us working on trading tools or automating/semi-automating strategies.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the suggestions so far - please keep them coming.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    CFd
    Joined 18/02/19 08:20
  • Our picks

• Asia Markets Rise as Trade Talks Move to Washington - EMEA Brief 18 Feb
      Asia share markets began the week with strong gains as investors hope for both further progress at US-China trade talks in Washington this week and more stimulus from major central banks. Trump stated in a White House news conference that he would be "honored" to remove current tariffs if an agreement can be reached, and to possibly extend the March 1st deadline for a deal.
      • 0 replies