Changes to Spot Gold margin from 2% to 20% - Singapore only

Anyone affected from the spot gold margin changes? Especially for existing openings required to close or reduce due to 10 times higher margin requirement.

Just to confirm this is down to the Singaporean regulators for Singapore based accounts only. They have recently reclassified gold from an FX pair against the dollar, to a commodity.  any questions please ask. 

• Like 1

Guest Nay

Dear James,

Thank you so much for explanation. No wonder I heard other country based account not affected at all. Too bad for me as i have negative running positions which plan to hold longer have to close them or reduce 1:10 ratio by end of this month. No holding power anymore.

Best Regards,
Nay

Guest Nay

Dear James, any idea what is the reason for the changes made for singapore based accounts only ?

Guest NAY

Anyone can explain what is the reason for changes for only Singapore based account?

1 minute ago, Guest NAY said:

Anyone can explain what is the reason for changes for only Singapore based account?

Unfortunately we only know that this is a regulatory change, and don't have specifics on their exact reasoning. We can only adhere to the outcome.