Apple earnings release 29 Jan

Guest DanielaIG

Guest DanielaIG

As Apple is set to release earnings tonight, it will be the first quarter that investors do not have sales reports on individual products before the release. This is because the company announced that it would not be delivering specific figures for iPhone, iPad and Mac sales for the quarter as they believe the number of iPhone sales “isn’t a representative of the underlying strength of our business” and that “a unit of sale is less relevant for us today than it was in the past, given the breadth of our portfolio and the wider sales price dispersion within any given product line.”

But we all know that when a company has sold a lot, they want to let the world know how well they have done, as said by Steve jobs himself “if a company is selling a lot of stuff, they want people to know about it. If they aren’t, then they don’t”. On top of that, it is no secret that iPhone sales were short of estimates in the previous quarter. Nevertheless, as the average price of an iPhone has increased, Apple’s profits are still being driven higher.

This leaves a wary sentiment about Apple’s earnings release. With a slowdown in sales offset by higher sale prices, and a general feeling that economies are slowing down growth, Apple’s Q4 earnings release is marked by the pre-announcement issued on Jan 2 where Apple reported it had missed expectations for the year due to a slowdown in sales in China.

As Apple shares suffered the weight of the slowdown and the subsequent downgrade from firms like Bank of America, could a lower expectation on the back of the Jan 2nd announcement mean that Apple can beat expectations?

Find out what founder and CEO of Pocket Lint Stuart Miles has to say about Apple’s earnings forecast as he is interviewed by IGTV presenter Victoria Scholar.

As always, leave your comments and ideas below!

theyre a great company but have really come to the very top of their growth stream for iPhone for the mid term i would think. There isnt anything exciting like there was before. People are getting pissed at having to stump up hundreds of dollars for a slight increase in their phone or Mac storage and stupid shitty cables and adapters. 

It is one massive behemoth of a company though. Subscription is the way of the world these days so its no suprise they're getting on board with this model more and more. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• The digital landscape is undergoing a profound transformation as attention, once a freely given commodity, is increasingly recognized as a valuable asset. Layer3 is at the forefront of this revolution, pioneering a new economy where attention can be owned, traded, and monetized   This innovative approach empowers individuals to monetize their engagement, providing unprecedented control over personal data. Simultaneously, advertisers benefit from transparent metrics that optimize campaign performance. Content creators are presented with diverse revenue avenues beyond traditional advertising, while the overall ecosystem experiences a more equitable distribution of value.   The implications of Layer3 extend across various sectors. Social media platforms, for instance, can leverage this technology to revolutionize user engagement and monetization strategies. Tokenomics play a crucial role in driving Layer3's economy, incentivizing participation and rewarding value creation. While challenges such as data privacy and market volatility exist, the potential benefits of Layer3 are immense   Anticipation is building as its native token $L3 is on Bitget Pre-market as users await its listing on the exchange. This milestone is expected to significantly increase the token's visibility and accessibility, potentially driving substantial growth and attracting new investors. As the countdown begins, the crypto community watches with keen interest, eager to see how Layer3 will perform in this new chapter.
    • I've been exploring the world of play-to-earn gaming recently, looking for something that's not just about endless grinding but actually offers a fun and rewarding experience. OGC really stood out to me because it combines gaming with a sense of community in a unique way. OGC isn't just a game; it's a platform where you can play, earn, and even help shape its future. You're not just a player; you're part of a community with a voice. The idea of earning crypto while playing games is exciting, but what makes OGC special is its focus on community involvement. Your feedback can directly influence the development of the game, which is a big deal. I've also heard that the OGC token is available for pre-market trading on Bitget. While I'm still getting to know the platform and its features, it's definitely something to keep an eye on. Has anyone else tried OGC? What has your experience been like? I'd love to hear your thoughts and any tips you might have.
    • I am anticipating the impact of this listing on Mongy. 
us