That's right @TrendFollower,  FXCM never really recovered after being badly damaged by when the Swiss bank removed the dollar peg catching out brokers and traders alike. FXCM lost their US licence and needed a financial bail out but I noticed recently the company that provided the bail out are now themselves in financial trouble.

So IG has snapped up DailyFX (which was previously associated with FXCM) and are now slipping into FXCM's shoes. They were a relatively large US broker so the market is promising.  

@Caseynotes,

Ah I thought DailyFX was familiar but could not put my finger on it. Many years ago I used to use FXCM. I may still have an account with them.

It will be interesting to see the revenues generated from the US market and how much impact this can have on IG's overall turnover. 

Looking forward to the possibility of an IG  US share options platform then :)

I always found , being in the UK , that I could never open a trading account in the USA. I wonder if the rules have, or are changing ?

@Caseynotes,

That is very interesting.

So does this mean UK IG Clients can trade FX using US account? What would be the benefits? Reduced FX charges?

1 hour ago, Caseynotes said:

@TrendFollower,  not sure there would be any benefits for FX trading, @elle was interested in US stock options which are not currently available.

US FX $10/point min,  ave spread 0.9,  margin 2% for eurusd and 5% for gbpusd.

https://www.ig.com/us/forex-trading-costs

also given the relatively recent options view in spread betting on the other assets, it's not wholly unrealistic that shares opotions aren't on the cards somewhere

Interesting. Always wondered why they never target this space. I would go in with a full options offering as well! You go in stock twits etc and every American is talking about options and calls and puts etc. I think it’s necause of regs around otc companies like IG but if that’s the case why did fxcm do it? 

IG are near 30% smaller spreads! Wonder what that’ll do to their competitors over there... 

Edited by PandaFace

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    CFd
    Joined 18/02/19 08:20
  • Our picks

• Asia Markets Rise as Trade Talks Move to Washington - EMEA Brief 18 Feb
      Asia share markets began the week with strong gains as investors hope for both further progress at US-China trade talks in Washington this week and more stimulus from major central banks. Trump stated in a White House news conference that he would be "honored" to remove current tariffs if an agreement can be reached, and to possibly extend the March 1st deadline for a deal.
      • 0 replies