Smart Portfolios - 2 years of performance history

Guest OliverSmithIG

Guest OliverSmithIG

We launched IG Smart Portfolios two years ago. It's not been an easy time to invest, but performance is pleasing nonetheless. 

As an added benefit, for any clients that are infrequent share dealers (or indeed are seeking a diversified portfolio) we don't charge any quarterly custody fees for those who invest £15,000 or more. 

https://www.ig.com/uk/investments/news/investing/2019/03/06/ig-smart-portfolios--two-years-old-and-performing-well

Guest Novice27

I'm hoping you can help, I opened an ISA account to buy shares, but have just discovered IG's minimum consideration fee is 90 pounds when I place an order On Exchange rather than On Quote.

I have 4000 pounds remaining to buy shares for my ISA and would like to buy 4000 pounds worth of shares in one company, but I'm being blocked from buying due to the consideration fee amounting to a total of 52 pounds and not their minimum 90 pounds. 

What options are there?

Should I be placing an order On Quote rather than On Exchange?

Guest OliverSmithIG

Hi Novice27 - I'm not entirely sure what's happened here. We don't set a 'minimum fee' of £90. 

It might be the case that your trade value (including stamp duty, and IG commissions) is exceeding your cash balance. 

If you're still having problems please contact our help desk for a resolution. 

Archived