connecting to metatrader 5

Guest khaled

• 3 months later...
On 24/02/2021 at 02:58, psilocybe said:

Hello IG! Any updates on MetaTrader5 integration
Is it part of your roadmap, or is it sitting at the back of the backlog?

On 24/02/2021 at 04:28, Kam303 said:

@CharlotteIG Do you have an approximate date for MT5 now? Thank you in advance. 

On 24/02/2021 at 06:35, Guest kevin said:

still looking forward to the mt5 of ig in 2021

Hi everyone, thank you for your posts.

We are still working on providing MT5 accounts for our clients. The project has not been abandoned and we are aware that it is a feature that a lot of our clients would like to have available to trade.
Due to the pandemic circumstances it might take a bit longer to be completed. 

There is unfortunately no precise ETA at the moment that we can provide you with.

Rest assure that we will inform you about any update on the availability of MT5.

All the best - Arvin

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Guest bryan said:

yes, with all the money that IG has, why are they still in the stone age with MT4?  Can we please get MT5 support for Christmas 2021? 

Hi Bryan,

It is a work in progress, as mentioned above there is no ETA. Unfortunately it is unlikely that it will be available by Christmas 2021.

All the best - Arvin

• 1 month later...

IG, I am looking at transitioning to use MT5 alongside ProRealTime but am less bothered about timescale - PRT has been fine for me so far; do you have a ballpark estimate on when it will be available? I understand things have been hit by covid, but do you expect it to be available by the end of 2022? End of 2023? You say that you have been working on it since early 2020, to not even have a sense of when it might be ready after almost 2 years of work, given that most other brokers seem to have incorporated it fairly swiftly, is simply not believable.

Thanks

Edited by Forrest
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Forrest said:

IG, I am looking at transitioning to use MT5 alongside ProRealTime but am less bothered about timescale - PRT has been fine for me so far; do you have a ballpark estimate on when it will be available? I understand things have been hit by covid, but do you expect it to be available by the end of 2022? End of 2023? You say that you have been working on it since early 2020, to not even have a sense of when it might be ready after almost 2 years of work, given that most other brokers seem to have incorporated it fairly swiftly, is simply not believable.

Thanks

Hi @Forrest,
I have contacted the relevant department to have an update on the MT5  integration. I will post on the IG Community if there is any update on the progress of the project.

Thank you - Arvin

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/10/2021 at 12:46, ArvinIG said:

Hi @Forrest,
I have contacted the relevant department to have an update on the MT5  integration. I will post on the IG Community if there is any update on the progress of the project.

Thank you - Arvin

Any project has to have a schedule else it is not a project. The relevant department must have a target date. Project over runs do happen and is understandable. Least we as customers require is some transparency.

20 minutes ago, Guest Ken said:

Any project has to have a schedule else it is not a project. The relevant department must have a target date. Project over runs do happen and is understandable. Least we as customers require is some transparency.

Hi Ken, 
Unfortunately at this point there is no time frame that we can communicate. There will be more  updates mid 2022.

Thank you - Arvin

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, AndyTheBear said:

Hoping very much to find some US broker with MT5 support. I sympathies with it being hard to estimate how long software development takes as a developer myself. Heck, if they need help I can send my resume.

Hi @AndyTheBear

We are actively investigating MT5 and the value it can deliver to our clients. We are looking at this very closely however we do have to prioritize the client experience on MT4. This means it may take some time before MT5 is available. The working parts that would exist between IG and MT5 are quite a task to work to and so it is likely going to take some time before we will see MT5. We do appreciate that is some time away, however the expression 'Measure twice, cut once' is very pertinent to what we are looking to achieve.

All the best - MongiIG

1 hour ago, AndyTheBear said:

Hoping very much to find some US broker with MT5 support. I sympathies with it being hard to estimate how long software development takes as a developer myself. Heck, if they need help I can send my resume.

We have a team dedicated to these sorts of upgrades and integrations. We've been pushing client feedback regarding MT5 since it's been coming in from the community and will continue to do so to give it more priority. When we get an ETA we will share it with the community. We appreciate you patience waiting for MT5.

All the best - MongiIG
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi IG. Very much hoping we can speed this integration up. We have a decent sized algo account with FXPro which we would switch over immediately to IG since it is vastly superior in terms of price and product, however we require MT5 in order to properly debug and backtest strategies and so MT4 is not an option for any serious algo operation. Please relay to the relevant team. Thanks 

On 01/02/2022 at 07:02, maxoliver100 said:

Hi IG. Very much hoping we can speed this integration up. We have a decent sized algo account with FXPro which we would switch over immediately to IG since it is vastly superior in terms of price and product, however we require MT5 in order to properly debug and backtest strategies and so MT4 is not an option for any serious algo operation. Please relay to the relevant team. Thanks 

On 05/02/2022 at 19:51, money-machine said:

Any updates on the MT5 integration? Currently using FXPRO but they do not have such a rich product selection. Cheers

Hi @maxoliver100 @money-machine,

We reached out to the development team to have an update on the MT5 integration as we are moving into 2022. We will keep you updated as soon as we have more information.

Thank you - Arvin

• 3 months later...
On 26/04/2022 at 14:44, RJo said:

Good news... my MT5 bot on the Metaquotes demo server is trading exactly the same and without issue as my MT4 bot on IG's live servers, so my previously posted worries about a total change over to MT5 are now moot. In over 10 years of forex trading, I have never had such a positive and profitable experience.

How are you trading the MT5 bot on IG?

• Like 1
On 21/04/2022 at 06:33, RJo said:

Hi @ArvinIG,

Please do give us an ample heads up on MT5.

My MT4 bot is trading live nicely here at IG although it requires an online chart, an offline (temporarily online) chart, 2 EA's, and a hard ethernet kill switch in case my power goes out (because the offline chart defaults to an H1 online chart upon reopening MT4... with bots running. Yikes!).

With the help of a coding book and some included templates, I converted the bot to mql5 and it's demo testing the same strategy on the Metaquotes servers. The MT5 version requires an online chart, an indicator, and 6 include/library files, but at least I can stop using the hard kill switch for outages.

Will MT4 continue to be supported afterward, or just MT5?

Hi @RJo,

Thank you for your patience, there is no update on MT5 being available this year so far. 

IG is continuously working on MT4 as more and more people are joining IG. Therefore our MT4 integration won't be discontinued.

If there is any update it will be posted on the IG Community.

Thank you - Arvin

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Mojo said:

Any update on MT5 integration ? 

4 hours ago, RJo said:

Hi Mojo. According to Arvin, there is no MT5 integration in 2022. Forex traders love MT4 due to the wide array of free indicators, EA's, and scripts available online and mql4's easy coding, so I suspect that the boatload of traders opening IG accounts are forex traders. MT5 is better suited for stock, etc. trading in addition to forex so equities traders likely have to wait until 2023 or later.

Hi @Mojo and @RJo,

I will ask for an update on MT5 later this year. From the feedback I had, it's unlikely that it will be available this year.

Thank you - Arvin

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"The most popular trading platform is still the classic MT4, which is used by 85% of traders. The second most popular platform is the MT5, which is used by only 6% of traders" (See paragraph 19 at https://tokenist.com/investing/forex-statistics/).

I'm guessing that IG is aware of this.

• 11 months later...

MT5 - Really!!!!

I guess no one has tried Prorealtime (PRT). Blows the socks off all MT systems and is offered by IF free if you trade a couple of times a month.  One look at PRT will make you turn your back on MT systems that should be in the grave at last!

Try it - get a demo version its laready integrated into IG.....

• 2 weeks later...