$814 profitable trade but $44 added to account

Guest bigD83

Question

Guest bigD83

i dont understand what the WITH minus charges are? 

can anyone help?

just traded a stock CFD on a demo account and made a succesful trade but got hammered on charges?........i only gain $44 to my balence after this trade which took around 15 minutes

Date Type Description Ccy Amount
21/03/19 WITH Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV COMM DIAAAACKYVY22AS Converted at 1.6053 A$ A$-384.66
21/03/19 DEAL Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV converted at 1.5892936 A$ A$814.35
21/03/19 WITH Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV COMM DIAAAACKYVEW8AK Converted at 1.6057 A$ A$-385.58

fcau trade.PNG

1 answer to this question

Commission per side is 0.1% on US stock for CFD. 

number of shares * share price * 0.1%

It may seem like a lot when you write it down out of context, however you must have bought a significant number of shares for such a large commission, and whilst holding for 15 mins, I doubt it moved much for a profit of 814 AUD. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• I've developed an initial version of a market sentiment checker, which utilizes the concept of weighted log returns to gauge the mood of the financial markets. This tool is designed to simplify the complex task of assessing market sentiment by analyzing fluctuations in price data. By applying weights to log returns, it emphasizes the significance of certain data points over others, offering a more nuanced view of market dynamics. This approach allows for a fundamental analysis of market sentiment and provides insights into the current state of the market at any given moment. It serves as a valuable tool for investors and traders looking to make informed decisions based on the underlying sentiment driving market movements. sentiment-sleuth - Github Link
    • Demo account: Please note that conditions on demo accounts may differ from real accounts. Some brokers may only provide overnight loans on real accounts and not on demo accounts.
    • Swap Rate: Check the swap rates for your open positions. Overnight loans are calculated based on the difference between the interest rates of a currency pair, and if the difference is small or negative, you will not receive a loan.
us