Sign in to follow this  

Level 2

Question

Hello,

I am wondering:-

(i) if the "Level 2" facility with IG is similar to that of ADVFN. For example, does the IG facility provide live individual buy/sell transactions showing the size of each such transaction. 

(ii) if the facility reverts to zero charge if a given number of trades are dealt each month.

Further to the above, if possible, I would welcome any additional insight commentary regarding IG's "Level 2" facility and whether or not it may be advisable to use a standalone service, such as ADVFN, that is separate from the trading platform.

Thanks in advance. 

21 March 2019

4 answers to this question

You're going to want to have a look at https://www.ig.com/uk/l2-trading-platform which will be the best solution for you. You can then get insight into time and sales etc as you requested. If you do a certain number of a trades then the Level 2 data will be rebated. 

When it comes to you last point - I'll leave that down to other community members to debate :)

@Petruchia.  And also download the pdf 'L2 Dealer Manual' from the page linked in James' post above, most informative.

On 23/03/2019 at 17:59, knicol46 said:

Would be worthwhile updating the manual for L2 dealer it was last updated in August 2014.  A lot of features are no longer present and new ones are not explained.    https://a.c-dn.net/c/content/dam/publicsites/1439568973395/igcom/uk/files/other/CFD/ig_cfd_l2_dealer_manual.pdf

thanks for the feedback - I've raised this to our tech support and client facing teams to review.