Shorting (EUFN) - iShares Eu Financials ETF

h7

Hey gang.

Just asking if it's possible to allow me to short EUFN -  (iShares MSCI Eu Financials ETF).

and

EWQ -  (iShares MSCI France ETF).

if not is there another vehicle I can use to short either of these.

As always Thanks for your help.

H

EUFN  is currently unborrowable I'm afraid. If you wanted to give us a call we can try and find borrow in the market, however we'd only be able to look to do this over the phone (and unfortunately there is no guarantee we'll be able to find borrow from our liquidity providers). 

Guest David1471

Yes you can short on the spreadbetting platform.....interestingly I was only yesterday thinking is it viable to trade the price of an ETF (longterm trade!) rather than invest in it to avoid any future tax liability (as profits from spread betting are tax free).....I live in IRE and tax liability on ETFs is very complicated (and large!)......Good luck anyway!

53 minutes ago, David1471 said:

Yes you can short on the spreadbetting platform.....interestingly I was only yesterday thinking is it viable to trade the price of an ETF (longterm trade!) rather than invest in it to avoid any future tax liability (as profits from spread betting are tax free).....I live in IRE and tax liability on ETFs is very complicated (and large!)......Good luck anyway!

Thanks David,

I'm from Australia.

Appreciate your feedback

HT

Archived