Sign in to follow this  

Palladium is one of the most searched assets on the IG platform this week

One of the most searched assets on the IG platform has been Palladium this week, so I thought I'd just give a run down of a few things which may be useful to help your trading. Some of these are basics for the new trader, but there may be one of two things which you find useful. 

How to trade Palladium and where to research fundamentals

1. FIND: under the commodities section, or using the search at the top
  2. WATCHLIST: right click on the asset and 'add to watchlist' if you want quicker access to this in the future
  3. NEWS: start your research on Palladium using the 'News' section at the bottom of the chart, or in the News flyout on the left
  4. SWITCH: swapping between spot and futures may be useful if you're going for a longer term view
  5. WORKSPACE: add to workspace to access the chart without using the flyout. Resize as required
  6. BUY/SELL: if you want to trade immediatly, access your deal ticket here

image.png

WTO warns of slow down in trade growth - impact on mining sector 

Further reading

• Like 1

@JamesIG,

Thanks. Palladium is an interesting asset to trade though typical of IG it is showing the following message below:

Closing only: Market unavailable to open

1 hour ago, TrendFollower said:

@JamesIG,

Thanks. Palladium is an interesting asset to trade though typical of IG it is showing the following message below:

Closing only: Market unavailable to open

Spot Palladium is a bank / LP quoted price, and their spreads are very very wide at the moment due to recent volatility. It's actually cheaper to trade the future so we set the Spot to closing only. This should save money for clients. 

At the time of writing Spot has a spread of 7 points and you then pay overnight funding.
At the time of writing Futures have a 2 point spread and you don't pay overnight funding. 

Hope this clarifies.

• Like 1

That's interesting and worth knowing, I wonder how often that situation occurs, presumably more likely on less traded assets.

Guest GARY

PD WILL HIT $2000 THIS YEAR ! WHY? THERE IS VERY LITTLE PHYSICAL STOCK. BE CAREFUL IF YOU SHORT !

Guest Gary,

No one can know for sure that Palladium will hit $2000 this year which is in the next six months or so. How do you know there is very little physical stock? Are you able to share the credible source? I accept there may well be supply issues in Palladium but that is very different to very little physical stock. You may be right, I do not not know but you will have to offer an article or a link or something more than just words on this one to support your comment.

The current price action is bearish and downwards. So one could flip your comment and suggest to be careful if you go long!