Sirius Minerals share price: is it a zero?

wjw22

43 minutes ago, TrendFollower said:

The smart money would have shorted this since August 2018.

what specifically happened in August 2018 to make it a "smart" move to short then?

Just going through that article @wjw22 and this bit stood out "The project has been running since 2010 but remains in its development phase and is yet to generate a single pound of revenue"

That's absolutely mental. You always hear about a lack of profitability, but a 9 year old company which hasn't even seen a lick of REVENUE. That seems crazy to me. However with that said they're looking at a lifetime mining value of 100 years. Could be a good keeper if things pan out the right way.

This also certainly isn't for the faint of hearted "Since 2009, the share price has fallen more than 50% from its previous peak five times. This illustrates the speculative nature of the stock, which is a widely held by individual investors in the hope that its lottery ticket style attributes could see them win big."

Sirius was a commodities boom play.  The numbers almost worked - high commodity prices and cheap finances and it would be a goer, but neither lasted.  There have been a number of share price spikes since then though, which is why I have waited until I think there's no chance of further capital injection.

• 2 weeks later...