Sign in to follow this  

Easter!?

Howdy folks! Can someone with a bit more experience than me please tell me if the easter period is always like this? 

The markets seem slow and I can't read any of my indicators correctly. I mainly trade with GBP, so is it the current break from Brexit in the news that makes it feel so sloooow? Some bad reports in the Eurozone this week didn't have any major affects on the EUR. 😕

I'm reluctant to trade at all for the rest of this week. What about next week, after Easter Monday?

Happy Easter! 🐣

@eloronz,  you are correct that up coming public holidays can affect volatility as there can be reluctance to open large positions just ahead of them. Easter is a two day break for most of Europe so additionally so but not a holiday in the US so you may see markets pick up on the US open. 

• Like 1

As markets get quieter over periods such as Easter, the liquidity dries up (buy and sell orders at different price points). This can cause opportunity for significant volatility so keep an eye our and be mindful. Can also mean that many 'models' don't work so well so indicators etc should be taken with a grain of salt.

Still opportunity to trade out there ... just not as normal conditions.

• Like 1

Thanks, @cryptotrader. Yes, the EUR dropped suddenly a day or two ago but came back strong -- surprisingly to me considering the negative ECB reports. Confused, but I hadn't taken Easter into account.

Another lesson learnt. 😂

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    AnnaZ
    Joined 22/09/19 04:43
    • How do I switch my account from CFD trading to share trading?
    • That USDJPY turn looks to be confirmed with a break of a potential ending channel in confluence with the Fib 50% and failed retest of the previous Pennant formation.  A solid bearish move on the last two daily candles of the week in line with a late stocks drop is boding well for a sustained medium term bearish phase for this pair.  This may be at odds with other pairs for a few days or so but I expect USD to turn bearish sometime next week, in which case I see this pair dropping hard, which would be in line with the EWT set up of a wave 3 down.  A continued period of stocks weakness would add to the momentum on this pair.
    • Looks like we are getting that relief rallyvon Gold and Silver, which is in line with my A-B-C retrace bearish move road map.  If this continues according to the road map then the current rally is a wave B.  When it concludes there will be a strong wave C down and this is the point to Short if the mood take you.  This is coinciding with both a short term rally on USD (DX) and a late bearish move on stock indices on Friday.  I expect the bearish stocks move to continue for a bit, especially on non US large caps to complete their wave Bs.  We may see a correlation conclusion of these wave Bs between stocks and precious metals.  I also think USD DX will rally a bit further, with GBPUSD in particular putting in a strongish bear move in a 1-2 retrace.  All the main USD pairs except with the Yen are likely to be bearish vs USD.