Sign in to follow this  

Beyond Meat BYND IPO

So the trend is finally weakening for Beyond Meat!

It was a matter of time. 

It is trading below its 20, 50 and 100 DMA. For me this is a short as the company is loss making and the valuation is absurd on any metric. 

1022924042_BeyondMeatInc_20191014_20_01.png.b4f92a50448ffc2a89af57851ca0765f.png

What a surprise that this is not available for shorting on IG's platform via UK Spread Betting. This is one example of how the odds are stacked against the trader and in favour of the broker. The trader cannot trade 'long' or 'short' when it chooses to do so. It can only do so if IG make that particular function available at a given time and if it does not then that option is not available for the retail trader using their platform. 

17 hours ago, TrendFollower said:

This is one example of how the odds are stacked against the trader and in favour of the broker. 

No, it isn't. 

Whilst it's known that trading on the worlds global financial markets can be tough and has risks, I must reassure you that your thoughts on our business model is incorrect. This has been discussed a number of times, however I'll copy and paste for the sake of the convenience.

Our business model is based on providing individuals with the opportunity to trade the world’s financial markets, in exchange for fair and proportionate transaction fees. However, we do not typically benefit from trading losses that an unsuccessful client may experience. We do not have a view on the direction of the market, and it is entirely in our interest for your trade to be executed correctly based on the instructions you provided. There is absolutely no benefit what-so-ever to IG having a stock available on the platform which you can't trade on. 

As we earn revenue from you trading, we want you to trade, not lose. You can read more about that here, https://www.ig.com/uk/how-does-ig-make-money or watch a video (which we're looking to update) here:

As a financially regulated company which is listed on the LSE, this methodology is supported by our quarterly and annual results, and our latest Investors Relation presentation which may be of interest.

If you'd like to discuss this in more detail, I'd suggest you give us a call. 

• Like 1

Beyond meat IPO lock up period ends 29th Oct
should be of interest. 9,625,000 at offer price of 25 USD coming back online.

spicy.

• Like 1

@JamesIG,

I am not questioning IG’s business practices. I am stating that IG’s client is not able to short Beyond Meat. This means they can only trade it on the long side. Now if the trend reverses on this particular share and the trader cannot short it on IG’s platform then the odds are stacked against the trader from potentially profiting from a move downwards. The probability and odds decline for the trader. 

Ok so this may not be in the favour of IG based on your answer so I apologise and take that back I still stand the odds being against the trader for this specific stock should the price decline and IG do not offer the client the option of shorting it. If I have misunderstood anything then please accept my apologies or if  you could explain how the odds would not decline for the trader in this example.

Now look at the drop in volume as the trend begins to weaken and the price starts showing potential to decline on the 'daily'. 

770261675_BeyondMeatInc_20191016_07_03.png.6590c245bb27200f0123aac3bad56081.png

Another potential warning signal that after this consolidation period the price could decline. Of course if there is positive spin, sorry I meant positive news then the could make another move upwards. This is one the cards but it will be all down to how many buyers are left. 

Based on price action and now volume and I think the chances of the price declining are more likely. 

Not much you can do ( no shorts! ) but wait

Capture bynd.PNG

Price is declining. Trend is changing. 

827146569_BeyondMeatInc_20191023_19_37.png.7b4d6a402c4386c13cabe2b9920ff0aa.png

You cannot sell this market to open is still IG's mantra.

There is little doubt that Beyond Meat attracted speculative capital. There is no doubt that Beyond Meat's valuation was absurd on any metric. I would like someone to convince me otherwise. I mean it is a loss making company which is not any closer to profitability yet the valuation was insane. 

Just imagine if Beyond Meat could be shorted! What do you think would happen to the price? Hmmmm!

So Beyond Meat posts its first quarterly profit. Will that be enough to stop the downward pressure the stock has faced recently?

I guess by following the price action we are about to find out. Some may sell based on this positive news. 

I knew this was going to happen. A 'Slow Death' where the share price goes down slowly and gradually but down it goes as investors take their profits, stop losses are triggered and those who are able to short it. Of course UK IG clients cannot short this so this opportunity is not available to us. 

1990718063_BeyondMeatInc_20191108_05_16.thumb.png.802af746cad01b087a492d6a4148894d.png

The price is clearly trading below the 'Parabolic SAR' as you can see above.

It is now signalling oversold conditions based on the 'RSI' as you can see below which is under 30. This I would except on a downtrending stock. 

1519566819_BeyondMeatInc_20191108_05_19.thumb.png.78a63bd0ef611023b65b1aebc40eff58.png