Sign in to follow this  

MT4 not opening

Question

Hi,

I've just made a modification to an indicator in MQL4 and then MT4 seemed to crash. I then couldn't restart it. The busy icon was wurring away but then nothing happened. I restarted my computer a few times but still nothing. Then after about 7 mins and whilst I'm typing this it has just popped up.

Any ideas what happened there? Is there a lock after a crash?

Thanks

5 answers to this question

update.....MT4 did open however it said not responding and I had to force it to close. Any ideas guys and gals?

Cheers,

Ed

@EdFuk,  try this thread for help tips, you will need to get mt4 open to delete the indicator causing the conflict.

If worst comes to the worst and you need to uninstall mt4 don't click the 'delete personal data' box, you may be able to save it, but if the problem is still present on a reinstall you will need to uninstall again and tick the box and start again after a complete wipe.

Or you could try start the metaeditor and try open data folder from there

C > program (x86) > IG Metatrader > Metaeditor

and in metaeditor click on files > open data folder > indicators

Thanks all, I tried what you suggested an it sorted the problem out. Many thanks

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    Btyler
    Joined 13/12/19 07:51
    • McConnell: 'There's no chance' Trump is removed from office “The case is so darn weak coming from the House,” the Senate Majority Leader said on Thursday. “We know how it's going to end.”  Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/mcconnell-there-s-no-chance-trump-removed-office-n1101286  
    • Just a few to watch:  AstraZeneca 203 pts down 
    • Some pieces I picked out:  A stronger pound hits overseas earnings, and could result in a tough day for miners like BHP Billiton and Rio Tinto, along with the pharmaceutical giants AstraZeneca and GSK. The FTSE 100 is set for a strong open this morning, as UK assets benefit from the election result and the China deal news. Key winners in the wake of the news will be UK-focussed stocks, with housebuilders in the frame for further gains, as the sector is supported by hopes of a return to UK economic growth and the removal of fears that a Labour government would impose a more punitive taxation regime. We should watch out for more international names that might struggle as the pound continues to strengthen. Sectors such as pharma and mining rallied on the day of the Brexit result as sterling weakened, but today the reverse could be in play.