Options on shares

Ok thanks - are there any plans to have this on the platform like TOS or Tradestation?

Good question, I'm not sure. Also, see this thread

Unfortunately no concrete plans however we continue to reevaluate all assets and deal execution options. If anything changes we'll be sure to update everyone. 

it would be good to trade these electronically rather than over phone

• Like 1

I joined IG  to trade Options chains. and when i enquired i was told i could do this on the Spread Betting platform.  No mention of  needing to telephone in - feel both surprised and disappointed. most likely will close ac. as do not

understand why this information was not mentioned

Perhaps even less stellar is that none of the essential "Greeks", except for Implied Volatility, are published for any Options on Indexes and Commodities. Options are therefore impossible to price in order to judge "fair value" using any of the traditional metrics. Also since "Theta" is missing one has no idea of the time decay in valuation etc. etc...

An account with a futures broker seems the only way if one is serious about Index or Commodity options. I also have an account with Nabtrade, which allows buying calls and puts, as well as writing covered calls for many individual shares but does not allow writing puts, covered or otherwise.

What's a punter to do I ask you...?