Dividend reinvestment plan (DRIP)

Hello IG Community,

Can anyone advise - is it possible to set up automatic divided reinvestment on normal share dealing accounts and stocks and shares ISAs on IG and if so how would I do this?

Thanks for your help!

@Invis,

The amount of times this question has been raised is beyond ridiculous. Lots of other investors have raised this very same issue. 

At this moment in time you cannot set up a DRIP with IG. 

I would like to see investors conduct some research and if they require a DRIP facility to establish beforehand that the broker they are choosing offer this service and not make any assumptions. For example there are many brokers that do offer this service and therefore it is not difficult to establish which do and which do not. 

Spending time researching prior to making a decision on which broker to use would eliminate a lot of investors even having to ask this question.

Choosing the right broker is also an important part of the investment / trading plan. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Rodrigo

I would like IG to have dividends dripping program? Is that possible? 

On 18/11/2019 at 19:53, Guest Rodrigo said:

I would like IG to have dividends dripping program? Is that possible? 

As mentioned in the previous forum, I will contact our corporate actions team about who can push this. I think it's a great idea that a lot of clients want. I will update on the other forum.

Apologies for the delay in this project. 

Thanks

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    Josephineke
    Joined 08/12/19 11:01
    • yes, with Renko you are changing from time based charts to price based and so remove a lot of noise and smooth out  the price action hopefully giving a clearer picture.
    • The twitter bears are taking a lot of flak at the mo and with good cause, especially the likes of Edgeye and Zerohedge who called a recession in 2015 and were wrong so they just repeat the call every year since in the expectation of being right eventually. Amusingly enough many traders have build this psychology into their trading plan, imagine anyone trying to continually short a bull market for 5 straight years, and yet as I've pointed out for years using the sentiment data of IG clients short/long positions that's exactly what many have been trying to do. Here's the thing, you don't need to guess, a chart will tell you if it's bearish. As Chris in the podcast above says, a market making new all time highs just can't be anymore BULLISH, there is only one way to go. So if the chart lines up with the macro and both are clearly bullish 'buy high and sell higher'. Do yourself a favour and spend the 50 minutes to listen to the podcast, you will learn something.  
    • Final hours of trading put in some bearish candles that may be a precursor to a period of bearish retrace if the 1H channel is broken on Monday.  If it does I will be expecting an A-B-C form retrace that may retest several support levels before a resumption of the long term Bull.  This is an opportunity to buy in lower, but patient is needed, it may take some time to evolve.  I have a cheeky Short in place...