Dividend reinvestment plan (DRIP)

On 24/06/2022 at 22:15, AlexP said:

It’s a shame this hasn’t been sorted. Will have to setup my real investments with Hargreaves’s Lansdown, and just keep ig for fun. 
Will be missing out on a lot of business

Hi @AlexP,

We understand your disappointment and we have forwarded the client feedback to the relevant team. We will post any update on  DRIP on the community.

All the best - Arvin

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Crayzee said:

If DRIP is too complex to build into the system, perhaps you would allow a short window after a dividend has been received to do a manual purchase at reduced dealing costs?

Hi @Crayzee,

Thank you so much for your suggestion. Please note that your suggestion has been recorded and sent to the relevant team for consideration.

All the best,

KoketsoIG

- KoketsoIG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Any further progress on this? The other feed referenced early in this one dates back to 2018 with many repeated promises but no results. This is a pretty fundamental product for a lot of investors, and one that I wasn't aware didn't exist before opening the account. It's making me consider moving things back out again.

3 hours ago, ACL said:

Any further progress on this? The other feed referenced early in this one dates back to 2018 with many repeated promises but no results. This is a pretty fundamental product for a lot of investors, and one that I wasn't aware didn't exist before opening the account. It's making me consider moving things back out again.

Dear @ACL,

Thank you for your post. We understand that you are looking for an update on this matter. At this time, we do not have any new information to share. However, we want to assure you that once there is an update, it will be posted on our community page. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

All the best!

KoketsoIG

• Like 1

- KoketsoIG

• 1 month later...
On 29/12/2023 at 06:49, KoketsoIG said:

Dear @ACL,

Thank you for your post. We understand that you are looking for an update on this matter. At this time, we do not have any new information to share. However, we want to assure you that once there is an update, it will be posted on our community page. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

All the best!

KoketsoIG

Hi There - Any update on this???
Or is it time to move my accounts to a platform that can provide DRIPs?

On 24/02/2024 at 13:23, JRF567 said:

Hi There - Any update on this???
Or is it time to move my accounts to a platform that can provide DRIPs?

Hi @JRF567,

Unfortunately, we do not have an update on this yet. We will provide one once we have received feedback from the product team on the latest developments.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

- KoketsoIG

• 3 weeks later...

DRIPs often offer discounted or commission-free share purchases, further maximizing returns for investors. However, it's essential to consider factors such as taxation and portfolio diversification when implementing DRIPs.

A Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP) is an investment strategy where dividends earned from stocks are automatically reinvested to purchase additional shares of the same stock. This allows investors to compound their returns over time, potentially increasing their overall investment value without the need for manual intervention.