Micro Lots MT4

Guest BOBCAT01

Question

Guest BOBCAT01

Hi. I read IG MT4 does have micro lots but my account on MT4 only offers 0.1. have I missed something? Thanks, David

22 answers to this question

Guest TnlVision

Any idea why this is on MT4 especially with IG server, as ive seen others adding micro lot positions under other brokers on MT4, is this just due to MT4 or something else?

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 13:41, Caseynotes said:

Hi @BOBCAT01,  on the spread betting mt4 platform 1.00 equates to £1/point so 0.10 is £0.10/point, 10 pence per point.

8 hours ago, TnlVision said:

Any idea why this is on MT4 especially with IG server, as ive seen others adding micro lot positions under other brokers on MT4, is this just due to MT4 or something else?

Hi @TnlVision,  couldn't say really except that, as you say all the others do it, so I guess IG would be at a disadvantage if they didn't.

Guest Izzet

Hi @Caseynotes

On demo account for MT4 I can order 0.01 lots. Is it not possible on live accounts?

Also what I wonder is the overnight charges on those types of lots. Is it the same formula*lot percentage?

Thanks.

Izzet

On 09/08/2019 at 22:43, Izzet said:

Hi @Caseynotes

On demo account for MT4 I can order 0.01 lots. Is it not possible on live accounts?

Also what I wonder is the overnight charges on those types of lots. Is it the same formula*lot percentage?

Thanks.

Izzet

Hi @Izzet,  the mt4 demo platform uses metatrader lot sizes which if I remember right goes down to 0.01 which equates to 10 pence per point but the live platform used IG lot sizes and only goes down to 0.10 but that still equates to the same 10 pence per point and so a £1.00 lot size is £1 per point on the live platform. A bit confusing I know.

Guest Pariyerum Perumal

Dear Sir, 

I wanted to open an account with ig trading to trade on forex, As i know Ig trading can also be done  in MT4 platform,my only doubt is any mt4 demo account from any service providers offering to trade on micro lots (0.01 lot) based on margin, but when i try to  trade micro lot on ag trading app it is how minimum of 1 contract have to be traded based on margin available. Now my question to comes down to 2 
1) can i trade on micro lot ( 0.01lot ) on IG trading application ? (as it is showing 1contract as mandatory minimum requirement) ( please find the attachment) 
2) can i trade on micro lot (0.01 lot ) on IG MT4 trading platform. 
On 11/05/2019 at 13:41, Caseynotes said:

Hi @BOBCAT01,  on the spread betting mt4 platform 1.00 equates to £1/point so 0.10 is £0.10/point, 10 pence per point.

Hi. I've been trying to set up an MT4 spread betting demo account, but live chat say you don't and never have offered this. Is this true? Is MT4 spread betting available on live accounts? Thanks.

39 minutes ago, Vestapol said:

Hi. I've been trying to set up an MT4 spread betting demo account, but live chat say you don't and never have offered this. Is this true? Is MT4 spread betting available on live accounts? Thanks.

Hi, for a spread bet account you must be UK or Ireland resident otherwise it's a cfd account.

see this page Open a Free MT4 Demo Account Today | IG UK (for UK or check for your own country equivalent page).

16 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

Hi, for a spread bet account you must be UK or Ireland resident otherwise it's a cfd account.

see this page Open a Free MT4 Demo Account Today | IG UK (for UK or check for your own country equivalent page).

I am UK registered! Live chat just say you don't offer one (on MT4). I already have a spread betting account on the IG platform, but IG's bet sizing policy (and their refusal to offer micro lots on CFDs) makes it impossible to manage risk properly unless I deposit about £50k. IG have a great platform, but they clearly don't want anyone but the big fish using it. Thanks for replying.

4 minutes ago, Vestapol said:

I am UK registered! Live chat just say you don't offer one (on MT4). I already have a spread betting account on the IG platform, but IG's bet sizing policy (and their refusal to offer micro lots on CFDs) makes it impossible to manage risk properly unless I deposit about £50k. IG have a great platform, but they clearly don't want anyone but the big fish using it. Thanks for replying.

Go to your My IG and click on 'add an account' you should see the option to open a mt4 cfd or mt4 spread bet account, click to open the spread bet account (you don't have to fund it) then go to the IG mt4 platform page to download mt4.

Once downloaded open mt4, in File > open an account   > select demo and the mt4 platform will auto set up a demo account.

3 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Go to your My IG and click on 'add an account' you should see the option to open a mt4 cfd or mt4 spread bet account, click to open the spread bet account (you don't have to fund it) then go to the IG mt4 platform page to download mt4.

Once downloaded open mt4, in File > open an account   > select demo and the mt4 platform will auto set up a demo account.

I've got as far as

Your application is currently pending authorisation and will be looked at by a member of our team at the earliest opportunity.

We will contact you shortly with further details.

You can view your live and pending accounts on the manage accounts page.

I've already got the MT4 platform on my computer, so I should be able to log in from there, with any luck. Thanks for helping (though if your CS was on the ball you wouldn't have needed to 🙂

I'd like to be able to trade from my laptop as well as my PC. Do you know if there's an easy way to synchronise MT4 across devices?

Actually, I've mistakenly clicked the IG spread betting rather than the MT4, so I'm going to end up with two IG demos. I've got a couple of excess MT4 accounts as well that I've never managed to make work. Is there any way I can delete these? Annoyingly, the 'manage your accounts' page link I referred to in the previous post doesn't work - just throws up Javascript void(0).

21 minutes ago, Vestapol said:

I've got as far as

Your application is currently pending authorisation and will be looked at by a member of our team at the earliest opportunity.

We will contact you shortly with further details.

You can view your live and pending accounts on the manage accounts page.

I've already got the MT4 platform on my computer, so I should be able to log in from there, with any luck. Thanks for helping (though if your CS was on the ball you wouldn't have needed to 🙂

I'd like to be able to trade from my laptop as well as my PC. Do you know if there's an easy way to synchronise MT4 across devices?

Once they have your application they will send 2 emails, one with live account login and the other with live password.

With those entered into the mt4 platform the live account is activated and you can then go on to create a demo account.

1 hour ago, Caseynotes said:

Once they have your application they will send 2 emails, one with live account login and the other with live password.

With those entered into the mt4 platform the live account is activated and you can then go on to create a demo account.

From within the MT4 platform?

4 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

yes that's right, mt4 demo accounts are auto generated by the platform itself, no input from IG.

Well, that worked. Thanks very much. When I come to trade live, I presume I'll have to make an MT4 account from My IG and fund it that way too, since there's no transactions facility on MT4. Will that account also execute only on MT4?

12 hours ago, katia said:

hey everyone  , does anyone know how we can operate ig mt4 because there chat is very unsatisfactory and their support to the customers is 0 i need to activate mt4 to work on it but it seems open account and frozen 

Hi, check you are receiving from IG's  data servers mt4   File > Open an account > scan

image.png.bcdc793de220caf49f45ffee34deae9a.png