Micro Lots MT4

Question

Hi. I read IG MT4 does have micro lots but my account on MT4 only offers 0.1. have I missed something? Thanks, David

7 answers to this question

Hi @BOBCAT01,  on the spread betting mt4 platform 1.00 equates to £1/point so 0.10 is £0.10/point, 10 pence per point.

• Like 1

Any idea why this is on MT4 especially with IG server, as ive seen others adding micro lot positions under other brokers on MT4, is this just due to MT4 or something else?

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 13:41, Caseynotes said:

Hi @BOBCAT01,  on the spread betting mt4 platform 1.00 equates to £1/point so 0.10 is £0.10/point, 10 pence per point.

8 hours ago, TnlVision said:

Any idea why this is on MT4 especially with IG server, as ive seen others adding micro lot positions under other brokers on MT4, is this just due to MT4 or something else?

Hi @TnlVision,  couldn't say really except that, as you say all the others do it, so I guess IG would be at a disadvantage if they didn't.

Hi @Caseynotes

On demo account for MT4 I can order 0.01 lots. Is it not possible on live accounts?

Also what I wonder is the overnight charges on those types of lots. Is it the same formula*lot percentage?

Thanks.

Izzet

On 09/08/2019 at 22:43, Izzet said:

Hi @Caseynotes

On demo account for MT4 I can order 0.01 lots. Is it not possible on live accounts?

Also what I wonder is the overnight charges on those types of lots. Is it the same formula*lot percentage?

Thanks.

Izzet

Hi @Izzet,  the mt4 demo platform uses metatrader lot sizes which if I remember right goes down to 0.01 which equates to 10 pence per point but the live platform used IG lot sizes and only goes down to 0.10 but that still equates to the same 10 pence per point and so a £1.00 lot size is £1 per point on the live platform. A bit confusing I know.

Guest Pariyerum Perumal

Dear Sir, 

I wanted to open an account with ig trading to trade on forex, As i know Ig trading can also be done  in MT4 platform,my only doubt is any mt4 demo account from any service providers offering to trade on micro lots (0.01 lot) based on margin, but when i try to  trade micro lot on ag trading app it is how minimum of 1 contract have to be traded based on margin available. Now my question to comes down to 2 
1) can i trade on micro lot ( 0.01lot ) on IG trading application ? (as it is showing 1contract as mandatory minimum requirement) ( please find the attachment) 
2) can i trade on micro lot (0.01 lot ) on IG MT4 trading platform.