Crypto and the abstract.

Ironic, perhaps that this time the market shakes and falls (equities and commodities) that the new trend for growth is more bizarre and abstract: Crypto. Something that exists only in the ether (pardon the pun), is not tangible or even easy to spend and only exists in code in the cloud. So as the markets wobble and bend in the world of men, the best investment right now is one that is not real. How does that make sense? I must be old fashioned, believing money represents time and energy exchange for the real, and such energy should not be stored but needs to keep moving, the physical manifestation being cold hard cash, exchanged for commodities, goods or services. But I am still having difficulty with concept Crypto, barring it being a wheeze to generate instant virtual currency as substitute for the physical paper stuff, just much more of it, without the backing of ,say ,Gold.

Am I making sense? I find myself trading on something that exists essentially only in the abstract, yet has value because we put a price on it, but the it of itself only lives in the virtual. I was wandering if this is more symptomatic of the general madness that seems to be afflicting our planet and minds here in 21st century or if it's just me.

Guest PandaFace

Interesting. I wonder if you’d have said the same thing when “money” itself as a concept would have come about?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Demo account: Please note that conditions on demo accounts may differ from real accounts. Some brokers may only provide overnight loans on real accounts and not on demo accounts.
    • Swap Rate: Check the swap rates for your open positions. Overnight loans are calculated based on the difference between the interest rates of a currency pair, and if the difference is small or negative, you will not receive a loan.
    • Civic (CVC) emerges as a game-changer in the realm of identity verification, offering a secure and decentralized solution for payment verification between "Identity Verifiers" and "Identity Requesters" within the Civic ecosystem. With its innovative approach and recent developments, Civic is making waves in the cryptocurrency market Payment Verification: Civic's primary use case lies in facilitating payment verification between parties within the Civic ecosystem. By leveraging blockchain technology, Civic provides a secure and transparent method for verifying identities and ensuring trust in transactions.  Integration with Solana Token Extensions: Civic's recent announcement on X revealed that Civic Pass is now integrated with Solana Token Extensions, further enhancing its utility and interoperability within the blockchain ecosystem. This integration opens up new possibilities for Civic's application and adoption.  Civic (CVC) is now listed on Bitget  and other CEX providing users with convenient access to trade and engage with the token. This listing further enhances Civic's visibility and liquidity, attracting new users and investors to the ecosystem. 
us