Jump to content

Make it Complete: Add Heiken Ashi and Renko Indicators to the web platform


Guest Ose

Recommended Posts

The web platform is not complete if these two indicators: Heiken Ashi and Renko candle sticks are not included. I would suggested they are included urgently.

Thanks

Link to comment
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Ose,

 

Heikin Ashi and Renko candles are available in advanced charts. Click on the spanner near the top left corner of the chart next to "Price". In the resultant box click on the drop down menu next to "Style" on the right side of the box and choose the candle style you require including HA and Renko. 

 

 

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 02/08/2016 at 06:33, Caseynotes said:

Hi   The advanced charting platform is ProRealTime in the drop down list. Be aware there is a charge at the end of the month if you use it but don't make at least 2 round turn trades during the month. Even just a couple of quick scalping in and outs will do.

 

That's interesting.  IG will charge us £30 per month if the value of our trades are 'very low', I presume that means under £30 a month.  Does IG need to get more than £30 per month from you in spreads to make it free?

The irony is that PRT lacks some features of the web platform, in particular tick volume which is an absolute dealbreaker.  Overall PRT is much faster and fully featured, but again, placing orders isn't quite as intuitive as the web platform.  We need 'one platform to rule them all'.

Edited by dmedin
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, dmedin said:

 

That's interesting.  IG will charge us £30 per month if the value of our trades are 'very low', I presume that means under £30 a month.  Does IG need to get more than £30 per month from you in spreads to make it free?

The irony is that PRT lacks some features of the web platform, in particular tick volume which is an absolute dealbreaker.  Overall PRT is much faster and fully featured, but again, placing orders isn't quite as intuitive as the web platform.  We need 'one platform to rule them all'.

That was written long ago and IG have tightened up since then, I think PRT from PRT is around £40/month though IG will be getting a discount job lot price.

Not sure what you mean by 'faster', I doubt the actual price feed latency is better on PRT though maybe chart loading might be?

Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

That was written long ago and IG have tightened up since then, I think PRT from PRT is around £40/month though IG will be getting a discount job lot price.

Not sure what you mean by 'faster', I doubt the actual price feed latency is better on PRT though maybe chart loading might be?

 

Yes the chart loading seems to be much faster on PRT Java client than the HTML5 platform.

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, dmedin said:

 

Yes the chart loading seems to be much faster on PRT Java client than the HTML5 platform.

Might be related to the number of charts you have up on each platform, in spite of overall computer cpu and memory, do you have a lot more running on the IG platform?

added: and the overall number of indicators running on each platform.

Edited by Caseynotes
Link to comment

@Caseynotes

 

I use the IG platform much more extensively for actual trading.  I find PRT to be clunky, and I don't like that it relies on Java.  Since I'm not coding algorithms or backtesting I don't need to be using it so much (although I plan to learn more about that).  It does also look nicer.

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, dmedin said:

@Caseynotes

 

I use the IG platform much more extensively for actual trading.  I find PRT to be clunky, and I don't like that it relies on Java.  Since I'm not coding algorithms or backtesting I don't need to be using it so much (although I plan to learn more about that).  It does also look nicer.

All platforms (in my experience) will start to slow up depending on how many open charts you have and how many indicators each is running. Though total computer memory and cpu does make a difference the platforms themselves seem to have their own limitations keeping up max speed for tasks such as loading new charts.

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, JamesIG said:

Hey all - please note that we have just released H-A candles. 

More information on our new Heikin Ashi candles in the following two links 

Community: https://community.ig.com/blogs/entry/571-heikin-ashi-candles-on-ig-charts/
IG.com: https://www.ig.com/uk/trading-strategies/what-are-heikin-ashi-candlesticks-190807

 

I liked the clear, straightfoward explanation on the IG.com article.

It did however leave me asking the question, what's the downside of HA candles vs regular ones?

Edited by dmedin
Link to comment
  • 1 year later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      21,304
    • Total Posts
      90,962
    • Total Members
      41,437
    • Most Online
      7,522
      10/06/21 10:53

    Newest Member
    ForexHispanocom
    Joined 08/02/23 20:55
  • Posts

    • Stock Market Content: SP500, Apple (AAPL),Tesla (TSLA), Amazon (AMZN), Nvidia (NVDA), Microsoft MSFT, Berkshire Hathaway (BRK/B), Block, Inc (SQ), Meta Platforms, Netflix (NFLX), Enphase (ENPH), Alphabet GOOGL. XFL Finance Sector ETF, JPMorgan JPM & Bank of America BAC, Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) Stock Market Summary: Wednesday and Thursdays swing day in Bullish weekly cycle Elliott Wave Analysis: SP500 and NASDAQ Wave (iv) completed with Wave (v) of v) of 1 upwards in the next session Trading Strategies:Cautious of short term top approaching  Video Chapters 00:00 SP500 / DXY 07:23 Apple (AAPL) 10:46 Amazon (AMZN) 13:06 NVIDIA (NVDA) 15:32 Meta Platforms (META) 16:30 Netflix (NFLX)  20:43 Enphase (ENPH) 24:45 Tesla (TSLA) 27:12 Alphabet (GOOGL)  33:20 Microsoft (MSFT) 35:41 Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) 38:34 Block Inc. (SQ)  39:26 Bank of America BAC 44:10 TRIAL Buy 1 Month Get 3 Months  Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge™ Australian Financial Services Licence - AFSL 317817 Source: tradinglounge com    
    • thanks Andy, will checkout your Excel Add-In (but a bit later, as I have to clear a few things first)  
    • Look Ahead to 09/02/23: US Initial jobless claims; AZN, ULVR, LYFT earnings Hot on the heels of surprisingly strong US jobs numbers, we get initial jobless claims data. AstraZeneca’s (AZN) pipeline will be in focus. Plus, Unilever (ULVR) Credit Suisse (CSGN) and Lyft (LYFT) also report. Angeline Ong | Presenter, Analyst and Content Editor, London | Publication date: Wednesday 08 February 2023          
×
×
  • Create New...