Jump to content

Something Interesting

Recommended Posts

"TSLA teardown finds electronics are 6 years ahead of Toyota and VW"

image.png.20f4d0de441761ac3978f462fbefd80d.png

  • Great! 1

Share this post


Link to post

the only thing sad about that is that it could never be done on the IG platform 🙂

Share this post


Link to post

It looks like a nightmare, strange colours, complicated (too many lines), ultra-short term, ouch I'm not touching that it's too hot.

Edited by dmedin
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, dmedin said:

It looks like a nightmare, strange colours, complicated (too many lines), ultra-short term, ouch I'm not touching that it's too hot.

oh, spose this is out of the question then? 👇

image.thumb.png.1066f5a53862df26f4c6bd7f010d1e94.png

  • Great! 1

Share this post


Link to post

Is this a joke? Either very funny or depressing depending which side we look at it. 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, HPbrand said:

Is this a joke? Either very funny or depressing depending which side we look at it. 

yes, written jokingly but with a kernel of truth.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

A kernel?  More like a big fat juicy bushel :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

Buying high 👇

image.png.9ff2ac7b07fc48c83fc5ca015aa4fd09.png

 

 

I think, if anything, technical traders should despair of things like this - nothing will ever prepare you for such events.  People will study this chart for years and probably never see anything like it ever again.  (Or incredibly rarely.)  Just goes to show that the little people are not welcome in the big boys' playground!

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, dmedin said:

 

 

I think, if anything, technical traders should despair of things like this - nothing will ever prepare you for such events.  People will study this chart for years and probably never see anything like it ever again.  (Or incredibly rarely.)  Just goes to show that the little people are not welcome in the big boys' playground!

I'm looking hard at this chart and just can't discern what you see that would have disbarred you from buying the high around 420 back in Dec same as these 'big boys'? 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

I'm looking hard at this chart and just can't discern what you see that would have disbarred you from buying the high around 420 back in Dec same as these 'big boys'? 

Did you not see my thread on how to get rich with a simple MA system?

I'm the best at hindsight 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Did you not see my thread on how to get rich with a simple MA system?

I'm the best at hindsight 🤣

good point, what I've maintained for a long time is that none of us have the resources to provide us with and kind of accurate forethought so the next best option is just to follow those who do 😳

  • Thought provoking 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

good point, what I've maintained for a long time is that none of us have the resources to provide us with and kind of accurate forethought so the next best option is just to follow those who do 😳

I should have been more clear, I'm not talking any kind of mental capacity but rather expensive analytics and computer modeling.

Edited by Caseynotes

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Caseynotes said:

FX volatility lowest in 28 years.

lol hasn't stopped me losing loooots of money :)

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, dmedin said:

lol hasn't stopped me losing loooots of money :)

yes but if volatility is low just means markets are basically moving random sideways, not directional. Maybe that has something to do with it.

  • Thought provoking 1

Share this post


Link to post

Good question. Would/should you keep shorting this chart?

(to find out what chart it is answer in 10 min)

image.png.132d730af2ea49663fb8fd07a9181a47.png

Edited by Caseynotes

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Yes 😻

noooo, but it's at the bottom of the screen so surely it can only go up from here???  

 

I'm sure everyone recognised the chart and of course you are right, 'follow the trend til the bend at the end' and there ain't no bend yet.

 

It was of course the NASDAQ futures. 

 

Oh wait, 'inverted'.

image.png.122e86fb1e7dc8b3f44c4c812b332281.png

 

  • Great! 1

Share this post


Link to post

They have a point, it does look overextended and it's reasonable enough to want to try and find some extra confirmation before entering a new trade.  You're really just looking for a justification to get in, and find a reasonable stop loss point.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, dmedin said:

They have a point, it does look overextended and it's reasonable enough to want to try and find some extra confirmation before entering a new trade.  You're really just looking for a justification to get in, and find a reasonable stop loss point.

fair enough and you don't really just want to be jumping in on FOMO but what sort of confirmation would you be looking for? I would think drilling down time frames and look for a pullback where at least you would have a reasonably clear stop loss position is really the best you could do.

The only real confirmation is to sit and watch it travel another million points with you on the sidelines and that's no real help.

Buy low and sell high is relative, a pullback on a lower time frame may well be the best low you're going to get.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

fair enough and you don't really just want to be jumping in on FOMO but what sort of confirmation would you be looking for? I would think drilling down time frames and look for a pullback where at least you would have a reasonably clear stop loss position is really the best you could do.

The only real confirmation is to sit and watch it travel another million points with you on the sidelines and that's no real help.

Buy low and sell high is relative, a pullback on a lower time frame may well be the best low you're going to get.

But the signals on daily and weekly charts are stronger.  You can use Fibs to trace out little waves, and the RSI helps.  The picture painted by e.g. 1 hour chart and the daily chart are just too different for me to reconcile. 

I suppose you can have tight stop losses on short time frames and only trade in one direction, if you're got the discipline to not keep re-entering the trade and continually get your stop loss hit.🤡

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, dmedin said:

But the signals on daily and weekly charts are stronger.  You can use Fibs to trace out little waves, and the RSI helps.  The picture painted by e.g. 1 hour chart and the daily chart are just too different for me to reconcile. 

I suppose you can have tight stop losses on short time frames and only trade in one direction, if you're got the discipline to not keep re-entering the trade and continually get your stop loss hit.🤡

you shouldn't be looking at a higher time frame chart that looks like that and even be thinking of trading in the opposite direction really. Time frame analysis always starts high and works down to your preferred trading chart so in your mind you have the bigger picture before looking to trade.

Momentum = force and can carry a market a far greater distance than imagined.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Was looking at this earlier and is a good example on how to read Heikin Ashi charts for reversals.

A doji signal candle (colour not important) and entry on a flat topped red candle for reversal down (flat bottomed green candle for up). 

image.thumb.png.04eed6773a086cb1e439fc9b623709a5.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Sanders is about to be hamstrung by his party while crooked Hillary becomes Biden's running mate. If Biden gets elected president he will be quickly retired on health grounds and Hillary will finally 'get her turn'.

Yesterday Biden accidentally endorsed the reelection of Trump 🤓

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×