Something Interesting

Spread betting is just gambling ;)

Just now, dmedin said:

Spread betting is just gambling ;)

as has been pointed out many times, the way you spread bet is just gambling.

• Sad 1

The case for robots and full automation :D

Must see trick. I stopped after 2/2 because 3/3 would confirm Devils work.

On 20/03/2020 at 08:21, felly said:

Please can anyone help. am trying to by AMD shares but its saying no longer available on line. How do I buy then

"Today, Medallion uses dozens of "strategies" that run together as one system. The code powering the fund includes several million lines,"

"Brown continued: "The point is that, if there were signals that made a lot of sense that were very strong, they would have long ago been traded out. ... What we do is look for lots and lots, and we have, I don't know, like 90 Ph.D.s in math and physics, who just sit there looking for these signals all day long. We have 10,000 processors in there that are constantly grinding away looking for signals."""

https://www.afr.com/technology/inside-the-medallion-fund-a-74-billion-moneymaking-machine-like-no-other-20161122-gsuohh

• Thought provoking 1

29 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

"Today, Medallion uses dozens of "strategies" that run together as one system. The code powering the fund includes several million lines,"

"Brown continued: "The point is that, if there were signals that made a lot of sense that were very strong, they would have long ago been traded out. ... What we do is look for lots and lots, and we have, I don't know, like 90 Ph.D.s in math and physics, who just sit there looking for these signals all day long. We have 10,000 processors in there that are constantly grinding away looking for signals."""

https://www.afr.com/technology/inside-the-medallion-fund-a-74-billion-moneymaking-machine-like-no-other-20161122-gsuohh

Ten thousand professors grinding away ... what a mental picture comes to mind 😮 :D

"Appears the CME is making the Eurodollar Option pit the focal point of the floor."

image.thumb.png.7820a6f346dcdeb7ae69bcddb050736a.png

found this old video clip on HFT, I remembered it from years ago as it had the punchline re; staff on the trading floor - 'no, they're just here to answer the phones.' 😆

• Great! 1