Jump to content
  • 0

MT4 login details?

Question

Hi, where do i find my IG login details to log into my mt4 platform as i do not want to make use of the IG platform/app? Thank you

Share this post


Link to post

15 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I can't find an MT4 account linked to the email address or community username you made this comment with. Please go to MyIG and add an MT4 account - from there you'll receive your login details. 

If you have an account under a different email, please drop us an email requesting a reset of your password and a reminder or your username. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 minutes ago, Berno said:

Hi, where do i find my IG login details to log into my mt4 platform as i do not want to make use of the IG platform/app? Thank you

Hi, did you open a mt4 IG account from your 'My IG' page (see pic below). (mt4 account is separate from web based platform account, you can easily transfer funds across). 

If so then on mt4 link it to IG by clicking File > 'Open an account' and follow the instructions.

image.thumb.png.70bceff88e52e4429646ba53246e46c4.png

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Guest xaris

Hi I also have a similar issue although I have created a MT4 account in my IG the password seems to have a problem and its says connection failure. As login i have my MT4 account number and for password I have my regular password that i login to IG platform. is this correct? 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Although I have done this , I canot login to mt4 . as log in i put my MT4 number and for pass my regulare password for IG but it seems to not be working.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
57 minutes ago, locotrader said:

Although I have done this , I canot login to mt4 . as log in i put my MT4 number and for pass my regulare password for IG but it seems to not be working.

Hi @locotrader, your IG password won't work for MT4, you should have been given a new computer generated one to start and you can change to whatever once you are in. Can't remember how that is sent to you for the live account, the posts above suggest it may be by email so check there.

For demo it's installed auto each time you open a new demo from 'File' > 'Open an account'.

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

hello ,

have the same problem don;t know what the login detail are for MT4!

Also IG is not replying to my emails for this..

I have installed the MT4, open the account at ig platform, but login in MT4 doesnt work

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Guest David

Hi Guys

           I have been using mt4 on Demo account for a couple of weeks now but now for some reason the Account history is all showing zero's for Profit/Loss   Credit.  Deposit and  Withdrawal.

I still have some trades running and under trade it's showing Balance ok Equity's ok and margin's all ok.

How do I get the Account history back? 

Any help would be much appreciated as I would like to use the real account soon if it all works out good.

Regards David

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 30/06/2019 at 10:14, locotrader said:

hello ,

have the same problem don;t know what the login detail are for MT4!

Also IG is not replying to my emails for this..

I have installed the MT4, open the account at ig platform, but login in MT4 doesnt work

I've been trying for the last 2 hours to get my MT4 IG account password. Either I'm going crazy or this is not a user friendly approach at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
17 minutes ago, Straddles said:

I've been trying for the last 2 hours to get my MT4 IG account password. Either I'm going crazy or this is not a user friendly approach at all. 

for a live account  the account name (5 numbers) and password are sent in 2 separate emails. for a demo account they are generated during the 'add an account' process. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

for a live account  the account name (5 numbers) and password are sent in 2 separate emails. for a demo account they are generated during the 'add an account' process. 

I only find the email with the account name (5 digits)

How can reset or retrieve my password? 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 minutes ago, Straddles said:

I only find the email with the account name (5 digits)

How can reset or retrieve my password? 

the password email should follow shortly after the first, may be the next day?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

the password email should follow shortly after the first, may be the next day?

Thank you for the help thus far. I opened the MT4 account 3 months ago, never used it.

How will I be able to retrieve it if I do not have the 2nd email?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 minutes ago, Straddles said:

Thank you for the help thus far. I opened the MT4 account 3 months ago, never used it.

How will I be able to retrieve it if I do not have the 2nd email?

If you email the helpdesk IG tech can change the password and send a new one out to you.

  • Great! 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
17 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

If you email the helpdesk IG tech can change the password and send a new one out to you.

I wasn't expecting IG to get back to me soon. 10min later and I'm logged in. Thank you all. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Guest Festus

Hey I didn't get my log in id

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Member Statistics

    • Total Topics
      12,494
    • Total Posts
      63,554
    • Total Members
      84,446
    Newest Member
    arshud
    Joined 28/09/20 00:01
  • Posts

    • Is that a trick question..? I'm trying to have a broad picture.  And to consider (and develop an understanding of) as many influences on prices as I can.
    • And just so you can 'get where I'm coming from' for the last 6 months here is a data set from Asia I posted way back in February (Daily Dashboard thread). Looks pretty similar doesn't it and certainly a million miles from Ferguson's model predicting hundreds of thousands of deaths.
×
×