Sign in to follow this  

Does IG provide access to truly historical data?

Posted (edited)

I can see monthly data going back to the late 1990s for those markets that have been around for a long time.  Can we get access to historical prices going back further than that?

Edited by dmedin

8 hours ago, dmedin said:

I can see monthly data going back to the late 1990s for those markets that have been around for a long time.  Can we get access to historical prices going back further than that?

There is tick data, minute data and OHLC data and remember too that the financial markets didn't really get going digital wise till late 1990s. The old monthly data will just be OHLC, the amount would be enormous if it were tick or even minute. IG only stores so many packets of data for each time frame but there are data bases around that do store much more such as minute data going back 20 years.

• Thanks 1

Thanks.  Someone recommended me to study Boeing in October 1989, so I will look to find some historical data somewhere.  :D

Excellent!  It was actually from October 1987, not 1989 as I incorrectly thought.  Seems that he thinks there will be a rather large drop on Boeing's price.

1 hour ago, dmedin said:

Excellent!  It was actually from October 1987, not 1989 as I incorrectly thought.  Seems that he thinks there will be a rather large drop on Boeing's price.

The list of airlines seeking compensation keeps getting longer by the day after the long period of being grounded following planes falling out of the sky, plus rumours of knowledge of problems and cover up at Boeing. 

• Great! 1

On 28/05/2019 at 05:27, dmedin said:

Obviously, When the law suits hit when they eventually get the planes back in the air.