Sign in to follow this  

Cosmos - Atom (Blockchain Universe) by TrendFollower

@JamesIG,

Cosmos has the potential for great things within the Blockchain Universe. It is being reported that its potential could challenge Ethereum. Their website is below for those who want more information.

https://cosmos.network

It is the internet of blockchains. The interoperable potential is very exciting. It is basically an eco-system of blockchains that can scale and interoperate with each other. 

Now Cosmos is traded via the ATOM token. It currently is 16th in the market cap list and already has achieved a $1.1 billion market cap valuation in very quick time. This is mainly down to the realisation of the immense potential this has on the whole Blockchain universe. I am including the link below to highlight this.

https://coinmarketcap.com

This is one of the most exciting Cryptocurrencies at the moment and the price action is staggering yet IG Clients continue to miss out whilst IG insists on offering the likes of NEO which is 18th on the list and has a current market cap of around $820m. I appreciate the the market cap valuations can fluctuate which is perfectly normal. However, it is clear to see that the momentum and traction is greater with Cosmos - Atom than NEO.

Thanks - I'll certainly pass this on to the dealing desk. 

EDIT: moved this to Feedback and Suggestions. 

• Thanks 1

@JamesIG,

Thanks for this. It is very much appreciated. 

I appreciate you moving this to the Feedback and Suggestions section but may I suggest keeping it in the Cryptocurrency and Blockchain section as I intend to add to this thread with the latest news and information for this token. It is one that I am very interested about and the potential is staggering. 

Hopefully if IG offer this to trade very soon then some real meaningful discussion can take place in terms of potential trading ideas, etc. 

Cosmos has the potential for great things within the Blockchain Universe. It is being reported that its potential could challenge Ethereum

I know this is what is considered an unpopular opinion. But these are nothing just shills for **** tokens. Exit scams, pump and dump. Please can we not turn IG into a laughing stock with all these tokens. 

It currently is 16th in the market cap list and already has achieved a $1.1 billion market cap valuation in very quick time.

https://news.slashdot.org/story/18/12/03/2058244/blockchain-study-finds-0-success-rate-and-vendors-dont-call-back-when-asked-for-evidence

https://tech.slashdot.org/story/19/05/08/1810225/90-of-blockchain-based-supply-chain-projects-are-in-trouble

@TheGuru12,

Having an unpopular opinion is fine as long as one discusses and conducts debate amicably and professionally without any rudeness or belittling. You are entitled to your view and I am entitled to mine. It is whether either of us can present information, evidence or debate that can challenge the other which leads to a change of view?

IG offers Cryptocurrencies / Tokens to trade and has been for over a couple of years now. I like many I am sure trade them both 'Long' or 'Short'. Lots of other platforms / brokers who operate in the UK offer them. It is an asset class which is now available to trade on many different platforms with many different brokers.

IG would be a laughing stock if it did not offer such Tokens / Cryptocurrencies to trade for its clients when their competitors do. I agree and accept and a very large percentage of Cryptocurrencies / Tokens are junk and garbage. I am not disputing that. However, little knowledge and understanding of the asset class and market is dangerous. Do not paint all of them with the same brush. Not every single Cryptocurrency / Token is a pump and dump / scam. Most of them are and I accept that point. 

You are using Slashdot links. How credible are these links and Slashdot? Also the links are not saying anywhere that Cosmos or any token / Crypto that IG offers are exit scams or pump and dump. It is discussing them generally.

This is a Cosmos - Atom thread. If you can present any evidence that Cosmos - Atom is in this category then please do share it here as I certainly would be very interested in the reasons why. The general blockchain and token negativity that is stated in the online media is very generic and paints all of them in the same brush without the author necessarily understanding them.

I will repeat I do not disagree with both links. They both make valid points. It is just that they are very generic points being made without specifying which specific tokens / blockchain projects / Cryptocurrencies they have serious concerns about. If you do not appreciate Tokenisation / Tokenomics / Token Economy then either you can ignore this thread and not waste your time posting or if you want to be involved in this thread then present some credible evidence from credible sources which support your view / opinion as that is all it is at the moment without any real substance. 

@JamesIG, Are the IG Analysts able to post on the main webpage any research / analysis on Tokenisation / Tokenomics / Token Economy to help some of the people understand better and appreciate the work being done through projects currently.  

why do you put your name in your thread titles when everyone can see you've posted them ?

Now sticking to the relevance of this thread, I forgot to mention that Cosmos' token (ATOM) has listed on Binance and the price has been going upwards since.

If reports are correct it did not have to pay any fees and got listed for free. Apparently this is only reserved for high quality projects which this apparently falls into. Time will tell us if this is true or not. 

I am really not been funny here but we need to stop with the token spam. Not sure if anyone else is in agreement? 

• Like 2

@TheGuru12,

This is not token spam. You can choose to ignore this thread and not waste your time or energy posting in it. 

@JamesIG,

Please can you have a look at this thread and if you think I have posted anything inappropriate or anything I have posted would be deemed as spam then please feel free to close this thread. @TheGuru12 has an issue with Cryptocurrencies, Tokens, etc and my threads. He can choose to ignore but feels very strongly that people should stay away from them, etc. I actually think IG have done the correct thing in offering them to their clients to trade through their platform and I welcome IG's position on this. 

@JamesIG,

Please can you move this into the Cryptocurrency / Blockchain section?

Also are you able to advise on whether IG deem anything in this thread as token spam or anything inappropriate as then a decision can be made on whether this thread needs to be closed or it can remain open. 

Hey - I see this thread as a suggestion to add a new asset to the platform, and think it should stay in the Feedback and Suggestion section. It can remain open. 

• Great! 1

@JamesIG,

Thanks for responding. Ok that’s cool and the maybe if the asset is added to IG’s platform then it can be reviewed the potentially moved to the Cryptocurrency / Blockchain section?

Great, that this thread can remain open. I shall continue to add relevant information to Cosmos - Atom on this thread to share with the  IG Community.