Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Is IG really for big traders or fishes

Recommended Posts

 I am new to IG when I was opening account though its Demo Account the gentleman really nicely mentioned if you need any help let us know and how much you thinking of investing . I think that was a mistake and I told him I am not really big trader will be starting with couple of thousand he said no worries I will call you back in two weeks that was around month ago never heard from him.The same day another gentleman called and said if you need any help with IT related issue let us know . I told him I might need help with installing MT4 on my mac but let me check first your platform and if you can please call me in a week time .Again never heard from him .

          On calling IG and mentioning his name they said he is busy and another chap is mentioning I won't be able to help you because we only deal with live accounts. I tried everything in the book to install mt4 did watch videos and stuff but it didn't help . Eventually I tried to call IT support and waited around 40min no reply I was recommended to IG 

by one of my friend but he have a bit chunky account hence I think he get good customer service because I discussed with him and he said I never call them they call me all the time or if I have to place on the phone order I only call than and sometimes get better rates as well but as I mentioned they   don't bother about small accounts I think chichis such a shame because as a new trader i invested around a month to get familiar with all the IG processes but I  think have to look for something else.

Related video with brokers     

 

            

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, mykig said:

Related video with brokers

Mate that video is old, I seen it not long after it first came out in early 2018 and guess what, the guy is setting you up to sell you his own product, what a surprise!

Yeah, all brokers are bad ho-hum. But the thing is small retail would never even get a shot at trading without them. But oh, they give the big boys a more personalised service, shock! Most small account traders are going to blow up their account themselves within 3 months anyway.

Basic research would have lead you to discover mt4 was never written for mac though metatrader did write a get round, not perfect but as good as it gets, mt4 is 3rd party and not down to IG.

Most of the 10s of thousands of IG clients aren't big fish though the few big fish probably put though most of the trading volume, that's just the way it is.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Yes I know and he mentioned that as well but he is doing the same but the  difference is he not a broker he just create a big hedge fund where he get best prices from broker as a team obviously he will be a big account so he will get all the perks even down to zero spread sometimes but I am not against any broker its just the understanding of the system. As I mentioned even ig offer different rates to big fishes a capitalist system rich will have more opportunities than poor hence rich will get more richer every day and poor more poorer . It was just the customer service thing trust me I just open a demo account with very small company and they straight away called me and guess what they literally stay with me over the phone an hour to install MT4 on mac 😀

   I played the same game what they play but inverse hence here I am ready with mt4 platform on mac. But see the big brokers they don't much of bother about small clients. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, mykig said:

Yes I know and he mentioned that as well but he is doing the same but the  difference is he not a broker he just create a big hedge fund where he get best prices from broker as a team obviously he will be a big account so he will get all the perks even down to zero spread sometimes but I am not against any broker its just the understanding of the system. As I mentioned even ig offer different rates to big fishes a capitalist system rich will have more opportunities than poor hence rich will get more richer every day and poor more poorer . It was just the customer service thing trust me I just open a demo account with very small company and they straight away called me and guess what they literally stay with me over the phone an hour to install MT4 on mac 😀

   I played the same game what they play but inverse hence here I am ready with mt4 platform on mac. But see the big brokers they don't much of bother about small clients. 

Hi, he is an ex bank trader but has now joined a group which has set up some kind of trader teaching academy which he plugs throughout the video. He uses examples of bad practice of poorly regulated brokers and pretends it applies to them all but that simply isn't the case. It's true that IG used to offer preferential rates to large clients (they all did) but the regulators stepped in and banned it in UK and Europe.

It's true that sometimes the helpdesk are not always so helpful though you could have asked here on the community 🙂, I've helped others with mt4 on mac before.

IG has 10s of thousands of clients for a reason, small companies may be seem more keen to get you up and going quickly but that's probably because half of them are on the verge of going bust 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks a lot Casey for offering help all I follow here is you and elle because it only make sense to me.But somehow when ever elle write something i get update email which really helps but in your case i follow you as well but still don't get updates or if i do get opportunity mostly gone by than don't know how to activate that.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, mykig said:

Thanks a lot Casey for offering help all I follow here is you and elle because it only make sense to me.But somehow when ever elle write something i get update email which really helps but in your case i follow you as well but still don't get updates or if i do get opportunity mostly gone by than don't know how to activate that.

I don't know about the emails, I just had a look at the settings page and it looked as though emailing is either off or on for all so not sure why one is and one isn't, maybe @JamesIG will know.

Share this post


Link to post

any ways thanks i am trying to keep consistently here so won't miss action lol😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

An IG rep personally phones every new sign-up, BTW.  For example, a couple of hours after I signed up someone phoned me and I told them I was interested in U.S. shares and they directed me to fill out the relevant form for U.S. shares.    This was actually quite helpful and they also sent me links to get started on the platform.  I'm glad they didn't keep phoning me and try to get me to deal - I appreciate being left to do my own thing and ask for help when I want it.

 

Edited by dmedin

Share this post


Link to post

But you will be really annoyed when you need help no one there 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

I don't know about the emails, I just had a look at the settings page and it looked as though emailing is either off or on for all so not sure why one is and one isn't, maybe @JamesIG will know.

hmmm, I haven't heard any other issues from Clients on this one. Please can you make sure your Community settings are correct via this link: https://community.ig.com/notifications/options/ ?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mykig said:

But you will be really annoyed when you need help no one there 

Hi @mykig - thanks for reaching out on the Forum. I've just had a look at the correspondence linked to this Community login and I can see that you did message us regarding MT4, however we emailed back within 3 hours with an answer and a link for any further information you may have found useful. 

Unfortunately with over 195,000 clients with hundreds of new applications a day and many, many more demo applications, it isn't realistic that we can provide a dedicated one on one service - there just isn't enough hours in the day! What we have done is create a number of assets such as web pages, videos, Academy trading courses, the Community and the Help and Support hub, IGTV, and a number of other scalable support areas to help. 

As noted we unfortunately do not support MT4 for Mac, however you can use this guide if needed https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1356 and as Caseynotes said, there are a number of helpful guys on Community. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Topics
      7,249
    • Total Posts
      35,924
    • Total Members
      45,925
    Newest Member
    IPS Temp Admin
    Joined 19/08/19 16:27
  • Posts

    • Thank you JamesIG for your explanation of how IG determine their price charts. "This means there will always be a discrepancy with the highly publicized index price" ... Yes that is also noted but your company "interpretation" has the low 9 days before the other outlets. However you want to spin (explain) it. That makes it incredibly difficult to ascertain what a real low is.....is it the one you show or the one the others show? It also, at least to me, appears that best practise would be served if the resulting price chart reflects the index it purports to follow/promote. EWT users ( I follow a US analyst) will know the frustration. His DOW chart shows a different low....and therefore a different count. Tongue in cheek.....so when was the recent low in the past two weeks?
×
×