Sign in to follow this  

how to calculate corelation between FX and barrier options prices

We know that barrier option move/reflect like fx prices.
Let say we enter EURUSD market in barrier option when fx price is 1.1200
then we want to place a stop in barrier option that would be equivalent as having a stop in fx of lest say 50 pips.
how do we calculate the barrier option price for that stop?

Thank you.

Claude

The Barrier price is the distance between IG’s underlying price and the knock out level + premium. For example as below, the market is 28725 and the KO is 27000 (which is a difference of 1275). The KO premium is 10, so the price is 1285.

image.png

In your example the barrier price is the 50 points plus whatever the KO premium is. 

If you fill in a deal ticket, the premium and price should auto populate. 

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    Bucephalus
    Joined 25/08/19 00:57
    • Hi all,   I was wondering - for afterhours and weekend trading, when the indices are closed, what're the price movements actually based on? For example, I discovered that there's weekend trading for the DJI just a while ago. Without having known this, I'd just have looked at the open on Monday and saw this it had gapped down (as expected).  Under the hood, what's causing these changes in prices? I was under the (presumably wrong) impression that when the market is closed, no trading can take place and hence there wouldn't be changes in price. The same would apply for stocks where after hours trading is allowed (e.g. Netflix, Visa where it says "all sessions"). Thanks so much in advance and best of luck to everyone this week ahead!   Best, Garafont
    • UK Central Bank Chief Sees Digital Currency Displacing US Dollar as Global Reserve https://www.coindesk.com/bank-of-england-governor-calls-for-digital-currency-replacement-to-the-dollar This is an interesting article. Countries around the world are seriously questioning the USD's position as the world's reserve currency. It may not be Bitcoin or any Cryptocurrency first that replaces the USD but if there is any digital currency which replaces the USD then it will certainly be an interesting stepping stone towards the path of such a possibility in the years to come. I am talking of in the next twenty years or so. I do not expect anything imminently or even in the next five to ten years. 
    • This is a very interesting article and worth a read if you are interested in 'Crypto' from an investment perspective. Crypto Funds Are Outperforming – You Shouldn’t Be Surprised https://www.coindesk.com/crypto-funds-are-outperforming-you-shouldnt-be-surprised