Sign in to follow this  

Margin not returned

Never had this problem before, Margin always returned after closing a deal (+1pp to -1pp) Profit is in the account whilst the margin is still in the air, tried to open a short against that market but it doesn’t not use the pre existing margin, so the margin isn’t held within the fx I’m dealing. Any clue on how long it takes for them to release the margin and if this is a common thing?

Margin is returned instantaneously. Please try and refresh the platform in case this is just a display issue caused by the browser. 

Please also check the open positions to make sure the position has actually been closed, and that you haven't accidentally gone long and short by using the 'force open' option available on the deal ticket. 

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    BoBoWill
    Joined 06/04/20 00:28
    • The Fed might pump lots of free money in to reflate the market but I can’t see a sustained high with lots of public participation from here, any rally from here is a ‘zombie’ rally propped up by trillions of fake (and free) cash from the central banks.
    • We feel bad for the Jewish population during Hitler's time. Yet we feel socially responsible when we are treated the same today. But don't worry, more rights will be eroded soon and we will be thankful for those measures.
    • I shall continue to hold out with a small bet for a further decline till end of week. Probability wise, a drop is still of statistical significance althought this has reduced since targets were not hit on friday. I shall also open a small long hedge when market open and increase the holding of either direction depending which side the probability dip when more data presents itself.