Sign in to follow this  

Inverse ETFs on Spread Betting account

I'm interested in trading Oil/Natural gas and would like a use of inverse ETFs such as UGAZ,DGAZ, UWT, DWT. 

While trying to open position on a demo account I get this message - This market is only for closing deals.

Can someone shed some light, thanks. 

9 hours ago, Yarri2006 said:

I'm interested in trading Oil/Natural gas and would like a use of inverse ETFs such as UGAZ,DGAZ, UWT, DWT. 

While trying to open position on a demo account I get this message - This market is only for closing deals.

Can someone shed some light, thanks. 

Hi, you generally get this on markets where IG decides there is not enough client participation to justify keeping the asset listed or the liquidity is so low matching trades is too difficult. For a company it might be because it's market cap has slipped below IG's minimum required.

Not sure this same notice has just been slapped on the China 300 index though.

Thing is, inverse ETFs for gold (JDST and JNUG) are open for trading as I can place trades, it's just the Oil/Gas ones that are not and they are the ones I'm the most interested as I don't like going shorting ETFs and would rather go long.