Sign in to follow this  

What market data is IG using for bitcoin?

Starting to trade on IG, but I do all my charting on trading view.

Can't seem to find the data market on trading view for what IG runs on?

5 hours ago, phihelp said:

Starting to trade on IG, but I do all my charting on trading view.

Can't seem to find the data market on trading view for what IG runs on?

Hi IG use their own data for charts whereas Tradingview use Oanda's charting data.

Hey, we use amalgamated prices from a number of different liquidity providers (LP's) and then take the best bid ask prices to give you the smallest spread. Put simply it's our own pricing which currently isn't available on Tradingview. 

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    Seagrove
    Joined 19/10/19 18:34
    • Hey @dmedin. That news piece is something I long suspected. If anyone can move the market with just one tweet then why shouldn't the cronies profit from it. I'm just surprised this has taken so long to get to the "news".
    • Ok, so I took this approach to the next level. Rather than telling the algorithm enter long at 25% and enter short at 75% levels, I decided to let the algorithm decide itself at what levels its best to enter short or long. This simplifies the strategy and boosts its gains dramatically. Top level stats over 100,000 5min candles: Gain: +1,307% % of winning trades: 60% Starting with a £2000 account, after 1 year and 1 quarter that account would have grown to almost £30k (£28k). The equity curve looks also a lot more stable, too. I resolved the issue with the lot size, this is now a formula. Unfortunately we still have 3 negative months, but overall the max runup is a lot higher than the max drawdown. Overall time in market is only 20%, so there should be the opportunity to run multiple of this strategy on different assets simultaneously to further boost the return. If let's say 3 of these programs could run simultaneously and deliver similar results you could grow £2000 to £100k within about 18 months. Still not as good as the results of the few world-class top traders like Ross Cameron from Warrior Trading, etc but a start nonetheless. The variables which the program optimised are the following: Take Profit for Long Positions: 84 points Take Profit for Short Positions: 70 Points Entry LvL for Long Positions: 23 Points below the low of previous day Entry LvL for Short Positions: 7 Points below the high of previous day Interestingly, it turned out the strategy works best without a set stop-loss, but just to close out any open positions at 21.00 o'clock at night, if not already closed by the take profit rule. I'm gonna simulate this on NASDAQ next. Obviously will need to find out the 4 variables again, as these will be subject to the Index where this is traded.   What do you guys think? Worth a shot this strategy?  
    • Lool, I'm sorry for my first post here, but it's funny :)