Sign in to follow this  

Dividends

Question

Kindly clarify

1. If I sell (some or all) shares after the ex-div date does IG remember that I am entitled to dividends?

2. If a company pays a dividend today when will my account be credited, i.e. how long should I wait before contacting support?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Recent experience confirms that the answer to 1 is yes (as you would expect), and suggests to expect a credit in your account on payment day T+1.

Yes, to confirm @dacarys - you only need to be holding the stock over the ex date. We'll note it in the back end, and forward you the funds as soon as we've received it from our prime broker. As you said, this is usually a day or so after the payment date. 

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    Britthen
    Joined 23/11/20 17:03
    • Good article (new) on strategy planning and testing from Steve Burns. https://www.newtraderu.com/2020/10/25/how-to-create-backtest-and-optimize-a-trading-strategy/ "A trading strategy is the process used to enter and exit positions in a market based on quantified signals on when to buy and sell. A trading strategy will have trading plan to express a methodology that defines a trader’s return goals, risk tolerance, and time frame. A successful strategy should have an edge expressed in how trades are entered and managed to maximize gains and minimize losses."
    • (not the cost of Covid-19 but the cost of the govt's disastrous response to a virus that's no more deadly than the common flu) The REAL cost of Covid-19: RUTH SUNDERLAND's terrifying dossier exploring the full economic damage will make you ask... can we afford to keep the brakes on Britain? National debt more than £2 trillion, equivalent of year’s output by entire country  Borrowing from April to October was £170 billion higher than period in 2019  Bank of England believes unemployment rate will to peak at around 7.75 per cent https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8975765/The-true-cost-Covid-19-Read-RUTH-SUNDERLANDs-terrifying-dossier-economic-damage.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top
    • Dax and Dow M15;