Cant close position on live TCG trade

Guest Dazd

Question

I opened a live buy for TCG and wanted to exit at a small profit. To my annoyance there is no close position on the mobile app.

I am away on my holidays with no access to a computer. 

Can you close a position using the mobile app.

IG staff have been as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

5 answers to this question

Guest KShare

you can close by going to the "positions" section and then either clicking on the stock (TCG) and then the option is at the top(close) or you can press the 3 dots and one of the drop down options is to close.

Hope this helps

K

On 10/08/2019 at 01:23, KShare said:

you can close by going to the "positions" section and then either clicking on the stock (TCG) and then the option is at the top(close) or you can press the 3 dots and one of the drop down options is to close.

Hope this helps

K

Thanks K

Unfortunately those options are not available.

I have heard the ticket has to be open for at least 3 to 4 days. So far it's costing me money not being able to close.

On 09/08/2019 at 23:53, Dazd said:

I opened a live buy for TCG and wanted to exit at a small profit. To my annoyance there is no close position on the mobile app.

I am away on my holidays with no access to a computer. 

Can you close a position using the mobile app.

IG staff have been as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

Hi, I just had the same situation. I opened a trade on the SPY200 using my Mobile APP and it went up over 100% gain. I tried frantically to close the position on the mobile watching as my profit in the trade diminished. I gave up with the mobile and raced to a computer, open up and logged on but by the time i had opened the chart  I closed for 100% LOSS. Not impressed with IG markets Mobile App.

Easy to place a trade but can't close it when you urgently need to. What's the point of a Mobile App if it doesn't have the functionality.

This is my first trade with IG

On 13/08/2019 at 16:32, Caseynotes said:

Hi, never heard of the dealing desk not being able to close a live account trade by phone before, contact them again and log the call.

If the market is moving fast, you haven't got time to close the app, find the IG phone contact and call IG,  verify yourself and close the trade. All takes 4 -5 minutes. Too late Loss occurred.