Sign in to follow this  

Recession warnings

On 07/10/2019 at 08:52, dmedin said:

The next 'crash' is being calmly organized and put in place, piece by piece.  Hell, they even pay agitators to raise up the crowds of protesters and striking union members.  The question is, who is going to profit from all the carefully orchestrated suffering this time?

Agreed.  Digital Currency, RFID, Gold Standard.

It's all in play.

Another glorious set of UK data, NOT!  US data later on today will be interesting, given the slightly improved US data of late we might have thought the US stock market would be putting in a stronger performance but apparently the Bulls are a bit skittish...  German GDP tomorrow will be very interesting I expect.

The FTSE continues to respond negatively to bad news, which is a blessed relief to those of us fed up with a market tuned to central banks and political comments about nonsense.  The chart shows a lower high again and a breakout of the current channel (adjusted since the fakeout from the other day).  A lower low vs that fakeout will be bearish.  Currently the set up from my previous posts on this thread remain in play.  Only a reversal to a higher high would cause me to adjust, although a break back into the channel would give pause for thought...

FTSE100-4-hours_131119.thumb.png.c531c38df204ea6c49ab392c6a5d80ca.png

So Germany avoids recession (well under the short hand 2 successive quarters of GDP decline measure, which is antiquated) but they put in a massive 0.1% positive GDP last quarter, not exactly the stuff of mega bull markets, unless they are fueled by widespread financial engineering (AKA a ponzi scheme).

The UK put in some not so hot retail numbers, has anyone notices any of the bad news around retail... 🎅

Amazingly the analyst consensus on retail sales growth was 3.7% after 3.1 previously.  I am surprised it even came in at 3.1% this time but where the hell did the 3.7% come from?  They just aren't paying attention but then they don't have the inside track into retail organisations...

Upshot is the FTSE is making another leg lower, it really isn't looking strong.  So long as price stays below the lower channel lines this is a bearish set up for me.

FTSE100-1-hour_141119.thumb.png.82cf1fa3d957906a69796b9588d77cee.png

1 minute ago, Mercury said:

widespread financial engineering

Yes indeed.  Isn't that what Thatcher wanted?

Tell you what though, we could use a bit of Iron Lady action in the UK these days.  The current lot have to be the most ineffectual collection of space wasters to ever warm the benches of Westminister.  MT would have the UK out already with a deal that was lopsided to the UK.  Like her or hate her you can't deny, she got **** done.

• Great! 1

So Eurozone CPI numbers come in below last time and below consensus and a whisker above contraction.  Dax and FTSE100 didn't like it and no wonder.  After all the QE, NIRP and tedious press conferences stating that the ECB "stands ready to do whatever is necessary...bah, bah, bah!" the key objective of driving inflation (like that is really a good thing for consumers...) is actually going into reverse.  Unprecedented global stimulus produced anemic real economy results but goosed the stock and bonds markets.  The system ought to have crashed in 2007/08 and triggered the much needed reset but that didn't suit the elites so here we are again, except this time it is much, much worse...  And some people want it to continue ad infinitum but eventually there has to be a reckoning and the longer it goes on the more painful it will be, and I don't just mean financially!

So Eurozone CPI numbers come in below last time and below consensus and a whisker above contraction.  Dax and FTSE100 didn't like it and no wonder.  After all the QE, NIRP and tedious press conferences stating that the ECB "stands ready to do whatever is necessary...bah, bah, bah!" the key objective of driving inflation (like that is really a good thing for consumers...) is actually going into reverse.  Unprecedented global stimulus produced anemic real economy results but goosed the stock and bonds markets.  The system ought to have crashed in 2007/08 and triggered the much needed reset but that didn't suit the elites so here we are again, except this time it is much, much worse...  And some people want it to continue ad infinitum but eventually there has to be a reckoning and the longer it goes on the more painful it will be, and I don't just mean financially!

5 minutes ago, Mercury said:

The system ought to have crashed in 2007/08 and triggered the much needed reset

Tyler Durden, is that you? 🤔

On 07/10/2019 at 09:52, dmedin said:

The next 'crash' is being calmly organized and put in place, piece by piece.  Hell, they even pay agitators to raise up the crowds of protesters and striking union members.  The question is, who is going to profit from all the carefully orchestrated suffering this time?

Crikey I though you were Tyler...

• Great! 1