Jump to content
  • 0

PRT Pre-market Data

Question

Hi, 

I have been using PRT and its really good for trading on the ASX but I am not seeing the pre-market data it's only showing me the previous day until the market opens. I have got live data turned on and have level 1, will I need to get level 2 to see the pre-market data? 
Want to be able to scan for gapping stocks in the pre-market.
Hope that makes sense 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
On 18/08/2019 at 09:08, JackD said:

Hi, 

I have been using PRT and its really good for trading on the ASX but I am not seeing the pre-market data it's only showing me the previous day until the market opens. I have got live data turned on and have level 1, will I need to get level 2 to see the pre-market data? 
Want to be able to scan for gapping stocks in the pre-market.
Hope that makes sense 

There's often a shortage of feedback in here as I'm sure you're now aware.  I've literally just activated PRT so concerned to see so many unanswered questions regarding it.

Did you figure it out?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
11 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

There's often a shortage of feedback in here as I'm sure you're now aware.  I've literally just activated PRT so concerned to see so many unanswered questions regarding it.

Did you figure it out?

IG's PRT uses IG data same as the IG web based platform and will only supply Level I data, to get level II data you would need to subscribe to the particular exchange via IG's DMA platform.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I'm just configuring my PRT platform for the US.

Even with L2 streams subscribed, you don't seem to get pre-market date, except for very limited stocks. Seems to be only a few big ones, like Microsoft, Apple, Google, etc.

It seems like if it says "(All Sessions)" in the name, they have pre-market data, if not then they don't. According to this rule, there are only 25 stocks with pre-market data available. Doesn't help a lot. Probably need to use external screeners or screen on market open

 

image.png.13a0b51e099b76e0841f4db4f2c390bb.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
29 minutes ago, DSchenk said:

I'm just configuring my PRT platform for the US.

Even with L2 streams subscribed, you don't seem to get pre-market date, except for very limited stocks. Seems to be only a few big ones, like Microsoft, Apple, Google, etc.

yes, the 'all sessions' are US markets IG has selected for extended hours trading, you can see the list here

https://www.ig.com/uk/shares/out-of-hours-shares

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Nice one thanks Casey.

Bit more than 25 stocks available then, but not by a landmile ;)

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Member Statistics

    • Total Topics
      13,090
    • Total Posts
      66,584
    • Total Members
      88,928
    Newest Member
    Stocksfollower
    Joined 24/11/20 20:55
  • Posts

    • In the UK, the median age of death from Covid is: - 81 for men - 85 for women (source: Office For National Statistics, 14 Oct 2020) The average life expectancy in the UK is: - 80 for men - 83 for women. (ZUBY:  @ZubyMusic)   If you take away the 95% aged and moribund you are left with just 1 death/million (Ireland), that's some pandemic 🤔 Meanwhile, short vid on mad teachers fear mongering plus some actual scientific facts, how did we get here?  
    • Dow approaching triple top. Through it and higher, or classic triple top reversal?
    • Hi all, On average are Forex markets more suited to mean reversion strategies than say indices or commodities? And do you choose your market type based on the conditions at the time or do you steer clear of some on purpose? Thanks for your insight      
×
×