All charts frozen

Julieg

Question

1 hour ago, fred11 said:

Their contact number is dead 0800 195 3100 option 1 if you are an account holder. then the line goes dead

Yes, kept happening to me ever and over. Very frustrating. I thought the firm had gone bust or something. Couldn't get hold of RM either for a long while. There should be a record message or something to reassure clients as much as possible. Very worrying when you are blind to your positions and there's nothing you can do.

Frozen Charts or 'Unavailable to Open' etc.  is almost a daily occurrence for me.  I thought it was typical of Spread Betting where the most active stocks are closed because of Volatility.  They usually become available after the market has been open for an hour, but by then I've missed any breakout potential.

I knew I couldn't be the only one.  This must be happening more often that anyone is willing to admit.

I even posted about a week ago that i searched the entire LSE for any stock on the move above 5%.  Of the hundreds or thousands in the list,  I managed about 10 that I could potentially trade on.  Less than half of them able to Short.  The rest had spreads so large I'd need to own a bank to trade them.

Edited by nit2wynit
  • Thought provoking 1

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    wojciechbd
    Joined 22/09/21 19:02
    • You are a total Richard lol.  What a waste of space you are. Go play with your dolls you Troll!
    • NOT TODAY MOTHERF*&^%R !!!  Today was a good day ! No not just  trading-wise but in general. At the pharmacy,  we had  severe staff shortages , it was all available hands on deck for 10 hours straight !  Our focus was getting all the necessary work done to push the business forward and achieve our retail  health service targets and we blew it out of the water!  Focus is a very powerful tool. Being able to ignore the noise and zero in on what is important has served me very well today.  Yesterday I posted this on twitter      It is one of the many tools I use daily when analysing the markets for opportunities. Understanding this dynamic served me very well today even in the midst of the #Evergrande and UK #Energy crisis, I was able to tune out the noise and focus on what the market was actually saying. After 6 solid months of getting my head down to fine tune my process and learn new ways of thinking about markets, Things are starting to look much clearer. But , thats in the past.  Now that we have had the "bounce", now what ???? Well, after Jerome's shindig today, it is quite evident that he doesn't want to tighten policy into an economic slowdown. Where does that leave us ???? I don't know.  But what I do know is that I am observing the same occurrences across major macro assets....i.e. returns are approaching the top end of their respective ranges. This means .....DO NOT CHASE !! We are still in the midst of a slowdown in industrial production with input prices rising like there is no tomorrow. Here are the returns of the SP500 as of close today.    And the FTSE     The DOW       I dunno about you but...... the risk reward is not worth it from here. I suspect,  it is  likely we experience some deceleration in returns from here. How far ? I dunno.  Perhaps we saw the early stages of that by close today? Time will tell. What I can do for now is do what the math says and reduce some risk. Kai from https://www.macrotechnicals.com/   has also made some interesting observations in the US 10yr rate. In his recent post he wrote  " However, US 10s yields keep pushing upwards and testing 1.35/1.38 zone. Ok, NFIB, NY empire, Philly Fed all saw a positive rebound. Or the market is playing a new reflation theme/ super taper expectations ?" .      I think he has a point here.  In rate of change terms, the global economy could reaccelerate between Q4 2021 to Q2 2022. Given that there is potentially a new stimulus package in the works . Also, throw in the likelihood of the CCP stepping in to save the Chinese economy from a potentially precarious position ( Evergrande etc)   Perhaps  the treasury market is picking this up now ?? It is worth keeping an eye on for sure. Check out his full post. The man knows his stuff. I was lucky and fortunate enough to pick his brains a few months ago when trying to fine tune my process check him out or reach out to him on twitter on  https://twitter.com/MacroTechnicals.  Thats all my brain can muster for now I've had two double gins hehe . It's another brutal day at the pharmacy tomorrow but I am sure my team and I will smash it. Gotta get some sleep. Take care guys... l8trz!! CA   PS;  If you guys like gin you need to try Hendricks...... phoar... that **** is good!! Oh and don't forget to get a flu jab !! If you are over 50,  its free!!  
    • Oh 'The Great Reset' is back to the table.  Have you run out of Covid related propaganda that you are now linking everything to an evil master plan to control us in darkness? Well, you have done it before, so I believe you are doing the same now. The end is near... Prepare your tin foil hats.   Davos' boys had everything planned for two years and everything was part of a diabolical plan that will lead us to the abysm.