All charts frozen

Question

Is anyone else having the same problem. All my charts have frozen and they are all stating "market is not currently open to trade"  just above the Place Deal button 

• Thought provoking 1

Hope nobody forgot to set their stop loss...

• Great! 1

Their contact number is dead 0800 195 3100 option 1 if you are an account holder. then the line goes dead

2 minutes ago, dmedin said:

We're all doomed!

shouldn't worry @dmedin, will probably save you a bob or two 🙂

Looks like a transfer for me to go  to Hargreaves and Lansdown   is  on the books. My SIPP is with hargeaves and they seem pretty good, its just a shame their charges are higher than IG. 

• Like 1

Looks like a global IG problem, shutdown...

It's a major outage! I've tried contacting them to close a position on CL but even their phones aren't working!

9 minutes ago, mikheilinemsadze said:

LOL glad i have guaranteed stop loss plus im in huge profit so i dont care but i dont want my positions to be closed :D 

Bet you have a gigantic tallywhacker too.

• Great! 1

19 minutes ago, tehka said:

Hope nobody forgot to set their stop loss...

Even if set also not sure if it works if the system is shut down.....this is what worries me , esp when news coming out soon .....

I needed something like this to come along and force me to stop losing all my money on SB.  :)

Although, I've got a few more heavy losses coming once the system is back up :D

HOORAY     it's working

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tehka said:

Do we get compensation for this?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My charts were also frozen. Closed platform and tried to re-enter site but was unable to do so. In the Dark!

1 hour ago, fred11 said:

Their contact number is dead 0800 195 3100 option 1 if you are an account holder. then the line goes dead

Yes, kept happening to me ever and over. Very frustrating. I thought the firm had gone bust or something. Couldn't get hold of RM either for a long while. There should be a record message or something to reassure clients as much as possible. Very worrying when you are blind to your positions and there's nothing you can do.

They probably got overloaded.  Lots of angry/anxious people on the phone.  Who would want to have to deal with that?

Very frustrating. Just when the market is really moving and there's a change to grab some money back, the site shuts down. Shame.

2 hours ago, dmedin said:

Bet you have a gigantic tallywhacker too.

PMSL lolololol

Frozen Charts or 'Unavailable to Open' etc.  is almost a daily occurrence for me.  I thought it was typical of Spread Betting where the most active stocks are closed because of Volatility.  They usually become available after the market has been open for an hour, but by then I've missed any breakout potential.

I knew I couldn't be the only one.  This must be happening more often that anyone is willing to admit.

I even posted about a week ago that i searched the entire LSE for any stock on the move above 5%.  Of the hundreds or thousands in the list,  I managed about 10 that I could potentially trade on.  Less than half of them able to Short.  The rest had spreads so large I'd need to own a bank to trade them.

Edited by nit2wynit
  • Thought provoking 1

3 hours ago, fred11 said:

Looks like a transfer for me to go  to Hargreaves and Lansdown   is  on the books. My SIPP is with hargeaves and they seem pretty good, its just a shame their charges are higher than IG. 

Seems they're not accepting any new SB clients at the moment.