HOW TO TRADE OPTIONS

COOPERMAN

Every day I see guys on CNBC talking about OPTION contracts and how they are a great way to make money.

I have been trading long enough to know where there is Reward there is also risk.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get started trading options?  

Thank you

14 minutes ago, COOPERMAN said:

Every day I see guys on CNBC talking about OPTION contracts and how they are a great way to make money.

I have been trading long enough to know where there is Reward there is also risk.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get started trading options?  

Thank you

The main reason options are so popular in the US is because CFDs (spread bets) are banned by SEC, ESMA one step beyond.

https://www.ig.com/uk/options-trading

https://www.ig.com/uk/options-trading/how-to-trade-options

With SB you get knocked out as soon as your stop is hit.  This forces you to keep coming back for more.  With an option, you can sit on it till the last minute if necessary.  Hence less repeat business, so not offered to UK pond life.

17 hours ago, dmedin said:

With SB you get knocked out as soon as your stop is hit.  This forces you to keep coming back for more.  With an option, you can sit on it till the last minute if necessary.  Hence less repeat business, so not offered to UK pond life.

you can trade options with IG or other brokers

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    SandyHook
    Joined 24/06/21 08:17
    • It really IS that stupidly simple - the hard part as with lots of methods is how you play it and manage the risk Sometimes though its not the actual, actual low it could be a swing low  A chap from the USA called Walter Bressert (Deceased) back in the 1980's published work on a 20 day cycle in the SP500 along with other things Larry Williams back in the 1980's also published in one of his books on trading a 4 year cycle on the dow/SP500 that goes back 200 years with a highish win rate - Aug-Oct time every 4 years expect a low turn point in the market - 2018 was out by a 2 months - but you can see the cycle right there on the chart below Note - The Dec low was a major Time Cycle expected that overrode the 4 yr cycle, so although it looks to have been a high/failure, the TC due Dec 2018 took precedence Next line to keep an eye out for is Aug-Oct time 2022 Sometimes depending on the market you might have to work to part days which would mean running on intraday timeframes which adds complexity to seeing the cycles - so don't expect to run a 20 day low to low cycle on x market and expect to see it, some markets work off high to high cycles - but for the FTSE100 its a 20 day visible low to low cycle on a daily time frame chart as published Again there's easier things to trade than this - I'm just publishing stuff most people aren't aware of, to show that the markets aren't random beasts that most people think they are - there's an order to them    
    • Nadim Zahawi at the Downing Street press conference yesterday said comments about vaccine dangers was disinformation. He was presumably referring to the govt MHRA listing of the adverse reactions to these 100% safe vaccines which is fast approaching 1million adverse reactions and 15 hundred deaths. Or perhaps he was referring to the US's CDC who yesterday reported that there is a clear link between the 100% safe vaccines and cases of Myocarditis and Pericarditis but this was fine because if you survived the condition generally cleared up after a week or two. Myocarditis and Pericarditis Following mRNA COVID-19 Vaccination | CDC   Meanwhile Media Minister (what that?) John Whittingdale shows his exasperation of the plebs not understanding that the rules don't apply to  I_M_P_O_R_T_A_N_T  people, how many examples do some people need waved in their faces before this gets through their thick skulls? 🤦‍♀️     Meanwhile 2, Boris is full steam ahead with his new bill to get big tech to shut down and deplatform dissenters quicker than they already do. If there's one thin Boris has learnt from the Chinese is that any doctors and research scientist producing evidence that counter govt propaganda need to be silenced pronto and with extreme prejudice.   .    
    • Bitcoin exchanges are open 24/7 but do shut down periodically for platform maintenance and updates. Brokers do the same but usually on a weekly basis, IG shuts down a couple of hours after the US Friday market close and their crypto offering usually restarts about 4 hours later.