Magazines for Traders

Fellow Traders,

I have a question for you: do you read any trading magazines ? If yes, which ones are your favorites?

Bye, Gaby

25 minutes ago, Gaby said:

Fellow Traders,

I have a question for you: do you read any trading magazines ? If yes, which ones are your favorites?

Bye, Gaby

never really looked at any before, usually get most info off the internet or via twitter so had to look up what was around.

https://www.orbex.com/blog/en/2016/11/top-5-trading-magazines-worth-subscribing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Gaby,

I personally don’t read any. I think with the Internet there is so much content available online that one does not need to read magazines. Some of it is free but be careful as if you read the wrong content then it could lead you up the wrong path.

For me just plan following the tape on different assets and being in tune with their movements and behaviour is better than most magazines.

• Thanks 1
  • Great! 1

Investors Chronicle devotes a small daily article to TA, I am tempted to subscribe for the insights into businesses and perhaps translating that into SB on shares.  But there's already a lot of free info available.

• Thanks 1

@dmedin,

I many years ago used to subscribe to MoneyWeek, Investors Chronicle and Shares Magazines and realised that by the time anything or significance or note is published it is rather late. 

There is no substitute to spending the time monitoring the price action of certain assets you are interesting in trading and living and breathing them. This work is priceless in my opinion and it enables traders like myself to identify potential trading opportunities which may become the strongest trending well before it is even considered or published in the likes of the magazines I have just mentioned.

If you want insight into business then research it on the internet. TA, again there is so much free information available but create your own technical analysis requirements that fit with your trading style and personality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all contributions on that topic. I am also not reading any magazine right now and spending all my evening time in updating my analysis and price patterns (I am a part-time trader).  But I wanted to check with other fellow traders if this is also what they do.  The only magazine I really liked is the IBD - but it does not fit with my trading style (I am a scalper, therefore short terms price action is really everything for me....).

Regards,

Gaby

Edited by Gaby
  • Like 1