Open position over weekend

Hi guys,

I am wondering if you can help me calm my blood pressure.

Just started learning how to trade and left a long position open by mistake today and did not manage to close - GBP/CAD.

Is there any way to close it or minimise the risk of losing money.

My account is not big at all but I am most worried about losing more and/or going on a negative balance.

Any suggestions?

Best regards!

9 hours ago, besilviu said:

Hi guys,

I am wondering if you can help me calm my blood pressure.

Just started learning how to trade and left a long position open by mistake today and did not manage to close - GBP/CAD.

Is there any way to close it or minimise the risk of losing money.

My account is not big at all but I am most worried about losing more and/or going on a negative balance.

Any suggestions?

Best regards!

Hi, you won't be able to change anything until the fx market reopens at 9pm Sunday (UK time), all you can do really is to keep an eye on the Weekend ftse market which opened at 4am Saturday (this morning). GBP and Ftse tend to have an inverted correlation so if ftse starts going up you might want to go long in that market as a hedge against GBP going down.

But if there is no major market moving news over the weekend you will probably find the market reopens with little change.

Guest chris

Always use a stop-loss 

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    CookyS
    Joined 17/10/19 07:35
    • Dax moving up to test yesterday's highs, Dow powers up to the pivot, if Dow can break the pivot Dax should see R1 H1 charts;
    • Not got anything out of the market today either. Gonna look for new strategies, different assets, different timeframes, ... Any suggestions welcome. Also probably back to Demo for a while.
    • A pause day yesterday for Dax and Dow while ASX had a strong up day but reversed overnight, Both Hong Kong and China are up slightly. A Brexit deal was expected last night but nothing materialised, gbpusd as a consequence was pushed higher yesterday but falling back today, and as a consequence of that Ftse was down yesterday and improving today. After a pause candle direction is unclear, the Dow ATH is just above but will need some incentive to attack it, Dax will try to hold onto the recent gains and the monthly chart resistance level (purple). Daily charts;