Two questions: FX volume. PRT version 11.

EscapedTestSubject

Question

Dear IG and everyone else,

Forex volume in PRT: Volume has been introduced by IG over the years on stocks and even forex in web-app. But I don't get any volume in PRT which is a bit of a deal-breaker so I don't have to juggle multiple accounts when I enjoy IG / PRT. To put it bluntly, where lies the problem? IG or PRT?

PRT version 11. New version is out since a few months. Can we expect this anytime soon? Some of the features are very much awaited and I can't wait to get my hands on this. Last update took almost a year to implement on IG if I'm not incorrect. Any timeline on this? Hopefully not THAT long?

Thanks

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

I thought a lot could happen in 3 years. I read the posts...

I fully understand Forex volume, OTC etc... and that it would be impossible to show all volume accurately. However, being a big house like IG and depending where they get their feed from, many datafeeds of volume are not too shabby. They give you a good overall understanding what is going on in volume. And volume is a key aspect of trading. Am I not right?

Apparently someone decided that volume was good enough to have on IG web application for FX!! Thank you Sir / Madam!

But question still remains - Why can't we have it on ProRealTime? I believe the latter is a PREMIUM product for more ADVANCED users who want MORE ? Not less than the web interface gives you!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, EscapedTestSubject said:

I thought a lot could happen in 3 years. I read the posts...

I fully understand Forex volume, OTC etc... and that it would be impossible to show all volume accurately. However, being a big house like IG and depending where they get their feed from, many datafeeds of volume are not too shabby. They give you a good overall understanding what is going on in volume. And volume is a key aspect of trading. Am I not right?

Apparently someone decided that volume was good enough to have on IG web application for FX!! Thank you Sir / Madam!

But question still remains - Why can't we have it on ProRealTime? I believe the latter is a PREMIUM product for more ADVANCED users who want MORE ? Not less than the web interface gives you!

looking for fx volume might be worth having a look on the futures chart, those contracts go though a central exchange unlike otc spot fx so it's easier for brokers to collect and display the data and is highly correlated to the spot market.

IG have their own version of prt which normally takes a year to write after a new version has been released by prt. To get the premium version you would have to go to prt direct and pay their monthly subscription.

• Like 1

Thanks CaseyNotes. 

I understand that the implementation takes time. I'm quite sure PRT is not used solely for IG out of the two broker accounts, but could probably be used by third party investors running their own show. So some things might have to be checked and fine-tuned. Hopefully this process doesn't take a full year!

With Premium - I didn't mean the Premium PRT - but more a Premium Interface... as in professional... Even if I go for the Premium PRT I don't get the FX volume as it comes from the broker house (IG).

Regarding FX spot - I agree. I fully understand that the most accurate correlation is not always there. However, since it is listed on the Web interface. Could we pretty please, with cream and cherry on top, have this in PRT?

It shouldn't be rocket science to have this function copied.

Am I the only one who is interested in FX volume? Its one of the things keeping me away from moving over to IG for Forex trading which is my main trading.