ERROR - DAX - DEMO - Order level too close to market level

EdwardP

Question

Hi - I cannot bok any working orders on DAX in Demo
I get silly msg
"Order level too close to market level The order level you have requested is too close to the current market level. The minimum distance for this market is 300 points."
cany  you have a look ?
and why this happening on Mondays morning ever so often ?
Regards  Ed

14 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, EdwardP said:
I get silly msg
"Order level too close to market level The order level you have requested is too close to the current market level. The minimum distance for this market is 300 points."
cany  you have a look ?
Regards  Ed

Hi, what platform are you using?

13 minutes ago, EdwardP said:

Hi  - I use API via Excel or regular web demo, Booking WOs on both systems do not work. It happens on Mondays every month or two - has anybody updated the demo system over weekend on your side ?

just checked on the IG Labs forum and nothing posted on there, hopefully if someone can help they will respond here.

1 hour ago, EdwardP said:
I get silly msg
cany  you have a look ?
Regards  Ed

Hi, are you sure your Buy In and Stop aren't too close together?  I could be mistaken but I think I've had this happen when there is a large spread that is greater than my Stop and Limit.

Edited by nit2wynit
5 minutes ago, EdwardP said:

I am sure btw: you mean 300 pts is not enough ? :)

My bad.....Missed the bit about it being DAX :D  Doh!

I've just has a message on the Demo saying Sorry, All Shares unavailable or something.  Back to normal now.  By Normal I mean randomly glitchy.

Edited by nit2wynit

Thank you guys, I e-mailed the HelpDesk, an hour after which the booking of Working Orders started to work as normal, and continues still now. I still do not know what causes the problem, however. If it happens again I will post here or on the labs page.

• Like 1
Guest Uk trading

Hello 

just looking at this thread as I had the same problem on Friday when trying to place an order on IG. The Helpdesk have come back and said they increase the minimum distance to place a limit/ stop order due to the increased risk of slippage/gap. 

300 points seems a bit excessive. 

Did anyone get a different Solution or answer ? 

Hi all, I know it's an old thread but here's something a little bit more surprising lol.   I'm guessing the algorithm used by the trading system or at the brokers end has a tiny bit of an error so it goes wild occasionally ?  I've seen it go lower than this before but this 720 with a .2400 calculation just had to be shared, it made me laugh anyway.  An hour later it's calmed down to the apparent default of 300 others have seen here,  but it covers all trades on both CFD and spead.

The pain with this though is that it means I couldn't offset against a trade running already and it's gone over 100 in the wrong direction  🙄.  Well I just wanted to share what I'd seen, it won't be a problem 😁

Website error number 12.jpg