Jump to content

Small Account Challenge aka Warrior Trading Strategy

Recommended Posts

On 29/11/2019 at 15:10, nit2wynit said:

I still can't figure this screener out though. lol.  

If it was easy and simple everyone would do it ...

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, dmedin said:

If it was easy and simple everyone would do it ...

Easy and Simple is a matter of Knowing and Practice. 

Thousands of people....ARE Doing it! :D

However, I'm failing to control my Time these days and losing track.  I'm yet to figure out the Scanner settings lol

Edited by nit2wynit
  • Great! 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sure there are lots of websites out there willing to sell that information!

Don't forget that this is all so much more important than hospitals, good public transport and crime-free streets!

Vote BoJo :D

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, dmedin said:

I'm sure there are lots of websites out there willing to sell that information!

Don't forget that this is all so much more important than hospitals, good public transport and crime-free streets!

Vote BoJo :D

lol

 

I really think you've over complicated your strategy d old boy.  Is it going up or down?  Place a Stop.  Get out when it's 1:1 or 2:1.  

Forget TA.  you don't need it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DSchenk said:

Scanner

image.png.5e5f309fff46c8dd9f7137af1287ef1b.png

Today's watchlist

image.png.b26e4774c464b119c8e3adce8a1669c9.png

Any luck??  Still playing with screener here :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

Any luck??  Still playing with screener here :D

Hi all, Hope you dont mind but I have been trying to do this and somehow stumbled across your forum.

Everything you have all done I have been trying to do the same. Ive been looking for a break out on the gappers but haven't seen anything that looks of interest . Plus IG have closed some trades down to sell only.

Hope you dont mind me butting in. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Or did i miss something I should have seen but didnt. If there was a trade I should have got on in the gappers please let me know.

Share this post


Link to post

Hey guys, all the stated performance in this topic is calculated without commissions on shares trading?

Share this post


Link to post

alright guys, sorry, trading took a bit too long today and then I went off into the gym before it gets too crowded in there.

Anyway, **** slow day, today.

Finishing at -£180 :( 

Only traded one ticker: VRAY

image.thumb.png.cea545c8d83ec3a5cb5df5c18e9b8b47.png

First got caught on the spike up and consequent sell off at market open. But happy to have kept my risk tight and only lost £116.
Then made a bit of it back on the rebound.
As it failed to make new highs, I though this is gonna be it for the day and went short. However, it actually made new highs in the end. Certainly wasn't expecting that.

All the other tickers on my watchlist were boring as ****, nothing good to trade.

Still up on the week, so tomorrow is gonna be a new day with new opportunities.

image.thumb.png.e255ba2ae8966ec7bd752b6b243d8beb.png

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, nit2wynit said:

@DSchenk How did the screener have ASLN at +41%?  It opened -41%?

ProRealTime doesn't pull in any pre-market data mate, so what you see there is the end of day performance of the previous day

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, 19wfa1 said:

Hey guys, all the stated performance in this topic is calculated without commissions on shares trading?

No, that's all spread betting mate. Commission free, you just pay the spread.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, nit2wynit said:

I'm yet to figure out the Scanner settings lol

God dammit @nit2wynit - I can't work with you like that :D  Need you to be on point at 2.30pm each day, ready to crush it!

Gonna make that screengrab now how the screener works

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, DSchenk said:

God dammit @nit2wynit - I can't work with you like that :D  Need you to be on point at 2.30pm each day, ready to crush it!

Gonna make that screengrab now how the screener works

I know i know pal, I've been too distracted then come 2.30 I'm not in the right place.  Will get there. :D  Though i was watching ASLN as it failed all day.  Clear that the excitement had died a little.  Back to normal I guess.

Share this post


Link to post

Ok mate here you go, hope it helps you @nit2wynit

Let me know if it still doesn't work for you, pal

 

  • Great! 1

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, DSchenk said:

Ok mate here you go, hope it helps you @nit2wynit

Let me know if it still doesn't work for you, pal

 

Thanks for taking the time with this buddy.  I can't move any of the windows though.  I don't know how you're clearing the entire page.  Tired now.  Promise I'l be ready tomorrow. :D

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, DSchenk said:

alright guys, sorry, trading took a bit too long today and then I went off into the gym before it gets too crowded in there.

Anyway, **** slow day, today.

Finishing at -£180 :( 

Only traded one ticker: VRAY

image.thumb.png.cea545c8d83ec3a5cb5df5c18e9b8b47.png

First got caught on the spike up and consequent sell off at market open. But happy to have kept my risk tight and only lost £116.
Then made a bit of it back on the rebound.
As it failed to make new highs, I though this is gonna be it for the day and went short. However, it actually made new highs in the end. Certainly wasn't expecting that.

All the other tickers on my watchlist were boring as ****, nothing good to trade.

Still up on the week, so tomorrow is gonna be a new day with new opportunities.

image.thumb.png.e255ba2ae8966ec7bd752b6b243d8beb.png

I somehow missed this.  Wondering if I'm seeing all messages as they occur.  I've often had zero notifications to this post also. 



Anyway.  Here's a Tip re Market Sentiment.  Yeah yesterday looked Slow.  If you go to Wall St or FTSE for instance, you can see the make up.  It will either be Largely Red, Largely Blue or a mixture of the two.  This usually tells me which way the market is going on the whole.


Really need to find a decent News source too.


Well done on Risk Management too, though you still need a max loss. 

Edited by nit2wynit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah ... losing everything you made yesterday the next day is pretty much the definition of pain.  You have to be a masochist to do this to yourself.  It's torture.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Yeah ... losing everything you made yesterday the next day is pretty much the definition of pain.  You have to be a masochist to do this to yourself.  It's torture.

That's Risk Management though.  Plus if you're hoping for 1:1 or 2:1 P/L then you gotta lose sometime when going for 70% Win rate. :D

Come on pal, Keep the Faith :D

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, clivevincent said:

Or did i miss something I should have seen but didnt. If there was a trade I should have got on in the gappers please let me know.

What you see or don't see is dependent on what you're looking for.    @DSchenk has outlined search criteria at the start of the thread.  Welcome to the forum.

Yesterday can be considered as 'Slow', but that's not to say opportunities weren't there.  I'm expecting a Slow day today too.  There's a great deal of hesitancy in the air.  Or maybe I'm constipated! lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Yeah ... losing everything you made yesterday the next day is pretty much the definition of pain.  You have to be a masochist to do this to yourself.  It's torture.

Still green on the week mate, so all good. Didn't lose everything I made :D

No trading for me today unfortunately, am busy with another project. The funding for my live account got to come from somewhere, right ;)

Wish everyone else good luck today!

 

Btw, Ross did yesterday make his money on DRIO, the leading gapper. We can't trade this on IG, is this all a **** **** crappy conspiracy against us, IG????

For those interested, he also stated his account fees, which are £105 per month for the direct market access platform ( @Caseynotes was wondering this once) and about $2 commission per trade. Also he needs to tax his profits.

So from the $158 he made yesterday, he pays about $16 in commission bringing him down to $142. After 40% tax, he's at $85 in profits.

Who's better off now? UK Spread-betting or Ross? With SB at least I get to keep the full £158, if I make them, but can't trade everything. Will be real interesting to see, which account grows faster in this challenge. Ross is obviously the better trader amongst all of us, so reckon will be quite difficult to beat, even if we have a SB bonus :D 

https://youtu.be/_EDKOfOIJiY

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DSchenk said:

Btw, Ross did yesterday make his money on DRIO, the leading gapper. We can't trade this on IG, is this all a **** **** crappy conspiracy against us, IG????

I can't find a single **** Stock to trade that's popped up on the scanner!!!  Conspiracy you say??

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DSchenk said:

Still green on the week mate, so all good. Didn't lose everything I made

 

If you could automate your system (at least somewhat), it would be far more bearable to ride out the drawdowns and losses.  But then again, buying and holding would have the same effect and then you don't need to look at the markets at all for months on end.

Share this post


Link to post

I had to do it the old fashioned way and simply go down the list.  PG&E is an old favourite.  1 Trade.  Up £82.  Done for today.  Initial risk was £20.  Moved Stop to +£40.  watched it flutter at £90, Sold at £82.

 

 

 

chart.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

In case you're missing the potential in this @dmedin, this is with only £500.  If this was a 20k account, it would have been a risk of £800, with a profit of £3200. :D

I think haha.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, nit2wynit said:

In case you're missing the potential in this @dmedin, this is with only £500.  If this was a 20k account, it would have been a risk of £800, with a profit of £3200. :D

I think haha.

 

I don't get it though.  I mean, trading on 1 min chart.  I would kack my pants.  :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, dmedin said:

 

I don't get it though.  I mean, trading on 1 min chart.  I would kack my pants.  :D

 

Well, 'you can only Cack your pants so many times till they're full'  Irish Proverb lol

  • Great! 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, nit2wynit said:

I had to do it the old fashioned way and simply go down the list.  PG&E is an old favourite.  1 Trade.  Up £82.  Done for today.  Initial risk was £20.  Moved Stop to +£40.  watched it flutter at £90, Sold at £82.

Nice work mate - I'm back in the game tomorrow

Ross did -$12 today, so maybe good I wasn't in the market today :D 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, DSchenk said:

Nice work mate - I'm back in the game tomorrow

Ross did -$12 today, so maybe good I wasn't in the market today :D 

It was tough going pal.  Literally 10 or 15 from the scanner couldn't Bid with IG.

He was up $158 yesterday.  So, for now, we're all winning :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Topics
      11,885
    • Total Posts
      60,193
    • Total Members
      80,007
    Newest Member
    euroking29
    Joined 06/08/20 13:28
  • Posts

    • I call it a wash and rinse - it happens often at swing lows and swing highs, as they are the obvious place for stops to be placed at, the "science" of the markets means that these places are often hit because of what the market HAS to do to move.    
    • No the share dealing account is subject to tax. You will need to make a seperate application for an ISA and it will appear.
    • Hello, my 2 pence worth, On markets like the FTSE it would be good to have an option to switch off the simulated candles, I.e only between 0800 and 1630 being displayed.  The trading out of hours is not for me and I find it quite tiresome having to trawl through the charts of simulated candles. Second pence worth, When IG tv launches it brings up a box over the deal ticket and has on numerous occasions caused me to miss the moment to place trade, Same when a trade is closed due to hitting limits or stop losses. I either have to manually  click on the X to close before I place a trade. Really really frustrating. Apart from this I am happy with IG and the service I have received to date. I am not on IG's payroll lol
×
×