Small Account Challenge aka Warrior Trading Strategy

15 minutes ago, DSchenk said:

ok nice one @Caseynotes

quickly checked today's scanner and seems to match

SAVA, BHAT, CRIS not tradeable, cause market cap too low

@CharlotteIG How can we put a request in with IG to lower that threshold to maybe $50m?;)  That would help us a lot 

image.png.9702a4f68c5bfa72535fa3c16c591421.png

@DSchenkThe desk don't offer as many smaller cap stocks because there's not as many people wanting to trade the market and due to the price the amount being hedged is small. However I can see there is demand for these so I will speak with them and update you. 

I will also see if the minimum cap for US stocks can be reduced. The cap itself is only a guideline. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CharlotteIG said:

@DSchenkThe desk don't offer as many smaller cap stocks because there's not as many people wanting to trade the market and due to the price the amount being hedged is small. However I can see there is demand for these so I will speak with them and update you. 

I will also see if the minimum cap for US stocks can be reduced. The cap itself is only a guideline. 

Any chance you can ask the Big Whigs if they will allow us to trade stock options on the platform?

I don't see why not? 

Ok, another red day for me today.

Wasn't really having any luck today.

First I was trading ECPW, but got stopped out at break-even 4 times in a row.

Then I jumped onto KLXE and made some nice profits: £82

I thought only £18 short of my daily goal, must be possible to find something else to trade.

I saw WLL popping up on the Momentum screener and jumped in. That's when things went wrong.

I nicely caught the end of the move. God dammit! Once I realised that I tried going short, but also didn't work out. Although would've been a nice one to short - but guess I was already at the end of my patience at that point.

Learning of the day: Realise when it is a slow day and take the profits you made, no matter how small. Small profits are still better than small losses :D 

image.thumb.png.6af3cb70c6b31ac064fe68644f8659e6.png

image.thumb.png.cdfdcc0b2e911ea21c4a7da7347880e4.png

End of the week 2 stats of the small account challenge:

Weekly Performance: -£117
Account Balance: £791
Total performance: +£291

• Great! 1

Still on Demo mate.

Will only go back to live in January and only if the Demo account has at least grown to £2k.

• Like 1