Bank account withdrawal

Question

Why does it take 3 days for IG to transfer my funds back into my bank account? I can transfer funds to people on the same day using Faster Payments.

1 answer to this question

1 minute ago, Colin2 said:

Why does it take 3 days for IG to transfer my funds back into my bank account? I can transfer funds to people on the same day using Faster Payments.

Hey @Colin2, thanks for your message. 

If you're querying withdrawals from IG, bank transfers should be the same working day (If made before 12pm UK time). If the withdrawal request is made after 12pm UK time the funds should reach you the following working day.

If this is not the case, please call us so someone from our help desk can investigate. 

When transferring into IG we say it can take up to 3 working days for the funds to reach us and be allocated. However, most of the time it's allocated within 24 hours. 

After you've deposited into your account once, you will be able to send funds and provide proof of the payment. When we receive proof of payment documents we're able to allocate your funds before they reach our bank account. You can send these documents via email or upload them on the MyIG page by selecting Live accounts> Send proof of payment.