Sign in to follow this  

Trading Times US 1.30pm GMT?

Question

Hi, did i miss the Memo?  I'm seeing a lot of Shares available to trade from 13.30pm GMT.  

Did I miss the info on a change?

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

Last day of the early start:

UK and European clocks go back one hour when daylight saving time (DST) ends on Sunday 27 October. From this date until Sunday 3 November, the end of US DST, there are a number of changes to our opening hours:

US and Canadian markets will trade one hour earlier in UK time. For example, US and Canadian shares will be quoted between 1.30pm and 8pm

All forex markets will open at 9pm on Sunday 27 October and close at 9pm on Friday 1 November

24-hour dealing on indices will open at 10pm on Sunday 27 October and close at 9pm on Friday 1 November

US shares (all sessions) will run from 8am to midnight Monday to Thursday, and from 8am to 9pm on Friday 1 November

In-hours trading on Eurex futures (including the Germany 30) will be available one hour earlier at 12:10am

Expiring US markets will be settling an hour earlier than usual

New York Cocoa, Sugar and Coffee, and London Sugar all close an hour earlier than normal

Weekend trading on indices will open at the same time (4am Saturday), but will close one hour earlier (9.40pm Sunday)

The dealing desk will also close early at 9pm on Friday 1 November.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1