Sign in to follow this  

Opened above set price level????

i had an order set with a price level but the position opened way above the price level, (100 points over!).

Can anyone explain why this has happened?

49 minutes ago, pnda112k said:

i had an order set with a price level but the position opened way above the price level, (100 points over!).

Can anyone explain why this has happened?

Hey @pnda112k

Thanks for your feedback message. 

We only offer two types of orders to open. One is the limit order which is buying/ selling at a more favorable level. If you're buying, the price will be lower than the market price. If you were wanting to buy at a higher price then it's a stop order, which can be subject to negative slippage. 

You must have placed a stop order which means you can get filled at a worse price. 

I see the strategy you want to put in place but we're unable to offer a guaranteed open price with a stop order, sorry. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    Brenny
    Joined 15/12/19 17:21
    • I wonder what Britain's cannabis policy will be with a big Conservative majority and we've kicked out all the foreigners and sold the NHS to Donald J. Trump ... Do you think Priti 'Bring back hanging' Patel cares about those kids that need medical marijuana, let alone people who want to peacefully smoke in the privacy of their own home?  No chance
    • I like the fact that the analysts focus purely on money and profitability without getting too political.  That's what we want to see.  (After all, why are any of us here except to make money ...)
    • I just notice Nick Radge is also on number 178, I've not listened to this one but could be useful for anyone looking to build a new system. 178: The Blueprint: Create a simple trend following system w/ Nick Radge https://chatwithtraders.com/ep-178-nick-radge/