Open orders

Question

Hi

I created a stop order by mistake that was above my current market value price, it said completed but then nothing showed in my open orders.

Would the platform have deleted this automatically? 

1 answer to this question

17 hours ago, jbutleruk said:

Hi

I created a stop order by mistake that was above my current market value price, it said completed but then nothing showed in my open orders.

Would the platform have deleted this automatically? 

Hey @jbutleruk- Thanks for your message. 

I can see you posted this around the same time 

'Hi all.

I have a long position in some very volatile stocks. I own them at $1 a share, how do I set an order to sell when they jump up to $2 per share?

I can only see limit and stop orders.'

With share dealing you have good till end of day or good till cancel. Day orders will work until the market closes, whereas GTC 'good till cancel' will last 90 days. 

If you're looking to put an order to sell at a higher price than the market level you would use a limit order, not a stop order which is why this may have been rejecting. 

If you hold this on a spread betting/ CFD account the same rules apply. If you're looking to close the position at a better price than the market level it's a limit order. If you're looking to close at a worse price it would be a stop order. These orders are default GTC, but you can put a time limit on them. We would only delete the order is it has a time limit set. 

Please try this today, if you still have issues I would advise calling our help desk and they will be able to walk you through the steps.

I hope this helps :)